We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card vanishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rando
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Rando
Hi everyone,
I've been interested in magic for a few years, but I've never actually bothered to buy any products. I find that most of the fun is in figuring the trick out. Right now, I've developed a slight obsession with card manipulation and have been searching for a way to appear and vanish cards. I came across a cardini movie and was just blown off my feet. Would anyone be able to help me find a way to duplicate cardini's card appearances?

Thanks
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
You won't find anyone giving away secrets here. If you're just getting into magic, card manipulation may not be the best way to go. It is extremely difficult and you could get discouraged. I recommend trying something a little easier to start with. Check the topics at the top of this board to find some good starting points.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
My advise, get Jeff McBribe's Art of Card Manipulation Series which has good stuff with regards to your new found interests

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Rando
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Rando
Could I get a hint perhaps then. I don't know if I should try finding a way to palm a full deck of cards of figuring out a concealment method. hmmm
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Second ClouDsss suggestion, I strongly reccomend you to get McBride's Manipulation series, he goes through 'em all..

Good luck with the "study" Smile

Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
pepijn
View Profile
Regular user
Utrecht (the netherlands)
134 Posts

Profile of pepijn
I am pretty sure that mc bride will help you. I usually find that for some things a picture or in this case a film is difficult to beat. I have heard a lot about his series and I am just waiting a little longer to get it because it won't be easy there are just so many angels. That I feel that at the moment It isn't quite worth it but maybe in a couple of years when I feel confident enough.

But maybe buy some material and you may find that you enjoy it a lot.

Good luck
Pepijn
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Oh a hint..hmm okie

When you get the DVD series, don watch the explanations and do what you like best Smile figure it out. With the DVD, you can play in slow mo and keep watching Smile

hope this helps..sorry, cant expose anything here..not ethical to do so

cheerios
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
I have to echo everyone else's response.....McBride is one of the best when it comes to this, and you'll have MORE than enough material to figure out by watching his DVD's. Simply amazing.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Rando
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Rando
I was experimenting last night and I figured something that works out. Would it be unethical to share it?
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I would prefer you not to or at least wait till you hit 50 posts so that you can post under the "Secret Sessions" section.

What you have discovered might be a variation of a sleight being taught somewhere in someone's DVD. Unless you can 100% sure that its your move, I would recommend wait till you can get into the Secret Sessions before posting

cheerios
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card vanishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL