The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can youbelieve it !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Back in the 70's Rainbow was a favourite kids TV programme. Take a look a this "tongue in cheek" episode that actually went out on air.

download and press the button..enjoy

http://rainbow.arch.scriptmania.com/rainbow_tv_episode.html

Howard
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
That's too funny!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I am only going to hope that there is a lot of brittish slang that I don't get in that clip. It would have to be so, otherwise that is the most horrible obscene piece of trash ever shown on kids TV. Any one know what a twanger is in Brittish slang?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
You can play with your friends, or you can play with b###s, but you can't play with your friend's b###s.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Cliffg37,

There isn't any slang I'm afraid.If you read the accompanying text it is all just innuendo.

I notice you state "comedy" as one of your hobbies.....really?

By the way, "british" has only one "t".

Howard
The Thaumaturge
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of The Thaumaturge
Ahh..the days of innocence..the poor little viewers wouldn't have guessed a thing. Give them a few years however and unfortunately they will fully understand the innuendo.

Thaum
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
The view of TV heads at the time was that effeminate presenters offered a less challenging focus for children.

The main parent is mainly female so it was felt that any influencing characters must have female qualities.
Note that Bungle, Geoffrey and george are all effeminate and are all low in the alphabet. and that Zippy is the only male (note: zippy and the arabic phonetic equivalent Smile ) and is last in the alphabet, and his wayward actions and ideas are softened by the other three (ladies) characters.

I never forget Zippy saying "I don't want too play" and Bungle crying, and Geoffrey saying "Oh Zippy! You have made Bungle cry. You know Bungle only wants to play with you and make you happy!", Zippy "I don't want Bungle too make me happy. I can do that quite well on my own!".
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
OK Howard, I'll take your word for it. That piece being on the up an up. I wonder how many angry calls and letters came to the tv station the next day. I remember an episode of mighty mouse that was pulled from the air when it was realized that an over zealous cartoonist had drawn a scene in which an ordinary mouse turned into mighty mouse by inhaling a white powder up his nose. I believe that was in the mid 80's.

Sorry about mispelling british, I guess I was just teasing. (get it...? T's ing) (groan)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can youbelieve it !!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL