The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Credit card to money idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
309 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Hi guys.
here is an idea I had (don't know if it exists already but...).

use a himber wallet to change a credit card to money. I already tried it at a supermarket where I know they don't accept cards. I put the card in one side and money on the other. When the lady at the cash register told me they didn't acept cards I put it back on the wallet, changed to money. You should have seen her face.

Anyway, I want to develop this idea further, like perhaps sticking a paper with numbers to the wallet to punch in the code, have the receipt of the machine appear after the money, etc.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Alex
Alex
Nachtzehrer
View Profile
Veteran user
Portugal
309 Posts

Profile of Nachtzehrer
Anyone?
Alex
AsL
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of AsL
WOW! Good idea. Hmmm....I'm not quite sure why nodody has responded to it yet. It's a very good idea and I'm sure I will get great reactions!)Good Luck!
AsL
View Profile
Special user
628 Posts

Profile of AsL
Nachtzehrer, I will be sure that I credit it to you though.JKJK- I don't even have a himber wallet anymore.
Jessiah
View Profile
Inner circle
J E S S E S M A G I C
1074 Posts

Profile of Jessiah
Theres a trick like that. Hank Lee's sold one. It was something with "ATM" in it...

it would pull the card in, and then spit out money, and a reciept... it was some crazy mechanical wallet! really cool! It was around 100 bucks though... so maybe you can work on improving that trick and developing it further...
Taylor Dean
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Taylor Dean
There has to be a way of doing that with out a wallet and using just bare hands. give me a little time to thimk and I will repost if I come up with an idea, I have thought about it before. but never realy tried.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Years ago I had a Money Maker machine (not the Royal Money Maker) that consisted of a roller and an aluminum plate. You put a piece of white paper on the plate and ran the roller over it and it changed to a real bill. It looked very much like those credit card machines and could be used with a paper credit card facsimile, but the problem is no one uses the credit card pressing machines any more. Instead they swipe your card and get a receipt for you to sign from another machine. So there goes my idea. Anyway, I can't find a source for the roller Money Maker so they may no longer be available. In other words I just wasted your time and mine with this useless post.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
There is a good description/instruction on how to do an impressive visual change of a credit card into money listed in the October 2002 Bill Malone issue of Magic Magazine...just in case you are interested.
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27017 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-07-21 00:16, Spellbinder wrote:...I can't find a source for the roller Money Maker ...

The good ones, the blotter and the double roller thing are EXPENSIVE.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
cornfarrell
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of cornfarrell
Criss Angel has an effect like this where you see the card instantly switch to money before your eyes. We did it on the "Made in Japan" video.
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Credit card to money idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL