The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Random Number Thing!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
((I think pie is mighty' fine,))

3((point))14159

((Thanks for the idea Jordini))

((Aren't thoughts lovely?))
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Seventy six & three ninths
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
THE RANDOM NUMBER THING HAS FINISHED.

Thank you for your input.

Partizan.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Did it work ?
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-03-12 11:40, Partizan wrote:
THE RANDOM NUMBER THING HAS FINISHED.

Thank you for your input.

Partizan.

You only think it's finished

"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Just for the benefit of people who posted...

Please be careful when reading text. Bear this in mind when looking at special offers, begging letters or any other crafted text.
This post was a baited trap without bait and without the trap.
- Mark Twain
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
IT WAS A SHAM!!!!

Let's do it again in 30 mins, I have an infomercial to watch......OOOOH "the power of Oxygen......" *MUST BUY*
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Not A sham. A lesson on suggestive text techniques.
- Mark Twain
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I don't think anyone learned a lesson here, if anyone did I would like to hear from them and let me know what it is that they learned.
I just joined in for the fun and used dates & years that are of significance to me.
I was curious if we were going to be psychoanalyzed with numerology or if you were looking for numbers to use in Keno or a Lottery.
As far as "Suggestive Text Techniques" somehow that went over my head.
As a "Lesson" I think it is Psychobabble
:lol:
Iven Smile

P.S. "One is the loneliest number" -Three Dog Night
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-03-13 03:05, Partizan wrote:
Just for the benefit of people who posted...

Please be careful when reading text. Bear this in mind when looking at special offers, begging letters or any other crafted text.
This post was a baited trap without bait and without the trap.

You mean that nice Nigerian civil servant who wrote me that nice e-mail isn't going to be depositing several million dollars into my bank account next week?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I just joined in for the fun and used dates & years that are of significance to me

Point!

The numbers are used as they require minimal input (read that as effort). The desire to participate was keyed in the first post.

I was curious if we were going to be psychoanalyzed with numerology or if you were looking for numbers to use in Keno or a Lottery.

I think you'll find that nothing like that was ever mentioned, but it was your choice to think in that way. with a little help from my text that is.

As far as "Suggestive Text Techniques" somehow that went over my head.

I agree, it did!

As a "Lesson" I think it is Psychobabble

I did decided not to go on with the second stage for two reasons. one, The experiment (from my side) was a success. two, I felt that some disclosure would become apparent if I took this any further.

For a laymans breakdown read on....

The "RULES" do not require you too participate. For you too participate you were of a certain frame of mind, or disposition.
The "RULES" were followed too the T by most people. WHY? There were no consiquences for failure too comply.
A set of people replied to a list of text rules that were neutral. ie. there was no attempt to aquire or enoforce compliance.

There are reasons for this and there are techniques that make use of this desire to comply. Most of the techniques are verbal or nonverbal. But very few are purely text.
- Mark Twain
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Now lets post random explanations of what just took place..........

After all perception is just projection..

A bit like if you look up in into the sky and hold your gaze everyone around you will do it..

Shrink
There are no random numbers everything has a meaning..
Avrakdavra
View Profile
Loyal user
The Pine Tree State, USA
224 Posts

Profile of Avrakdavra
Quote:
The "RULES" do not require you too participate. For you too participate you were of a certain frame of mind, or disposition.

The Café is a public forum predicated on mutual assistance and involvement, not neutrality; that does constitute a "disposition," but is that really such an insight?

Quote:
The "RULES" were followed too the T by most people. WHY? There were no consiquences for failure too comply.

...Except for not getting to see one's avatar and number listed among all the other helpful "subjects," which does constitute a significant consequence given the altrusitic mission of the forum.

Quote:
A set of people replied to a list of text rules that were neutral. ie. there was no attempt to aquire or enoforce compliance.

Compliance, i.e. responses, are the nature of the forum. Again, what is the point of noting that such compliance is voluntary rather than enforced?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Don't let Knepper see this, or it'll be a $30 pamphlet.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Compliance, i.e. responses
No mate. not i.e. responses.
Compliance and response are not the same thing. A response may or may not be compliant. Some people were non compliant by choice but still gave a response.

The Café is a public forum predicated on mutual assistance and involvement, not neutrality; that does constitute a "disposition," but is that really such an insight?
Sounds like you were arguing with yourself when you wrote that. The insight comes from you guys, not me. I already know, most of you don't. The disposition is argued by the fact that the views of the topic and the actual posts are very great. Thus only people predisposed to this form of manipulation responded with a post.

The Café is a public forum And life is not?
- Mark Twain
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Ah, yes, but what exaqctly is the point? That people respond to stuff???? Is there something of an actual practical nature to this, or was it an experiment in e-theorial proclamation?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Yes!
- Mark Twain
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
The point is that choice can be removed from you without you giving the slightest notion that this is so.
Thus, for a magician this is of importance as the people you work with can be catagorized and delt with in a acurate way. Not only this, but you set the rules!

This is done by priming the rules in idle chat before the performance.
- Mark Twain
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-15 13:36, Partizan wrote:
The point is that choice can be removed from you without you giving the slightest notion that this is so.
Thus, for a magician this is of importance as the people you work with can be catagorized and delt with in a acurate way. Not only this, but you set the rules!

This is done by priming the rules in idle chat before the performance.

The true point here is very simple, Psychobabble, nothing more nothing less.
Nobody exercised mind control here. Everyone who contributed a number did so only because they wanted to. To think otherwise is to only fool yourself. I would be more concerned with controlling my own mind and not worry about someone else's Smile .
With that said, we are all free to think what we want and you certainly are free to think that you can control what other's think and do and I am free to disagree with you Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Random Number Thing!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL