The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Random Number Thing!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
328 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Fish 36 horny weed luck book 7 acid mamma polka dot matrix stockings peepee tent school adverb yougurt sky pink floyd number 9 as charlie box tube crystal leg carbohydrate do you wanna dance&
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Everyone who contributed a number did so only because they wanted to.
Is this a get out clause?

They wouldn't have if I did not create the condition, i.e. the topic. This was my will.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
If you add up all the numbers that Partizan encouraged others to contribute... and then you divide by the number of posts everyone had when Partizan said that the experiment was over... and multiply by the number of days that this topic was open...

the result is unbelievable!

Cheers - El Lamo

I'm off to find another topic that is more interesting... one which isn't in opposition to the good humour and kindness of its participants.
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-16 01:16, Partizan wrote:
Everyone who contributed a number did so only because they wanted to.
Is this a get out clause?

They wouldn't have if I did not create the condition, i.e. the topic. This was my will.

Did you mean Santa Claus?
I think most of the people who answered your post would have even if you did not set conditions or if you worded it differently, with that in mind I still don't see what was proven (maybe my reptilian brain is not evolved enough to understand this "experiment).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Then you take away with you Nothing. Which is exactly what this topic is Smile
- Mark Twain
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
OMG! OMG! OMG! I used some of the numbers from the replys on the eurolottery.
I had four numbers and two stars and won £5300.
I went into my local shop with the ticket today as I didn't see the draw. The guy said he had to make a call about the ticket. Then he handed me the phone and the lottery people broke the news.

Awesome!

I am so happy I will cut in the 3 peoples posts I used to get my numbers. PM me and If it was your post then I will confirm and get back to you with details of the cut.

Man, I am sooooooo happy.

but now I have to wait 2 weeks to get it Smile

Here are the numbers I used. 1, 4, 40, 20, 43, 8

P.
- Mark Twain
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1996 Posts

Profile of Titanas
That was annoying.
I believe that most of us would have reply even if your post was : "Just write me some numbers"..
We are not your customers, so don't give your self credits you don't deserve.
The only reason you got so many responces is because of the "Magicians helping Magicians" thing....so,
Nice try, Great waste of time.
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I don't really care titn, I just got some bucks for nothing!

"Magicians helping Magicians" thing....so,
So where did I write that, or are you still so confused that you cant read well.

BTW, I would not want you as a "customer" so there!
- Mark Twain
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1996 Posts

Profile of Titanas
If you don't know it ...
Magicians helping Magicians is this site's slogan ...not something you said.
(who can't read well now?)
I don't see where you you got your extra bucks..
I wouldn't want you as anything so there!
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
This was, in order to explain more correctly, the reason behind Partizans original post: "I want people to think I'm smart".

This is the reason for his following posts: "I still want you to think I'm smart and very deep, so I will try to explain this in a ridiculous fasion, thereby causing you to feel inferior by not understanding what I had said. and if that doesn't work I will follow with inflamitory statements"

He gets this way sometimes, many psycologists have their reasons why some must have attention focused on them. I have found the best method for dealing with it: let it go, even if you play along, it means nothing. Some people have mohawks, some wear only black, some try to make you think they are more intelligent than you are, some people light fires. I drink.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4290 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Pitt : Oh I get it, it's very clever... How's that working out for you?
Norton: What?
Pitt: Being clever.
Norton: Uhhh? Great.
Pitt: Keep it up then... Right up.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
JR, I don't want nor need anything from anyone. As you can see from my posts, I don't really care if other people are offended or confused by my words.
Quote:
He gets this way sometimes

You speak of me like a pet or retard or an aquantance. Of which, none am I.

In fact, I know I am "smart" and I don't mean to confuse people with less smarts then I. But if I have offended then tough.
Lets face it Josh, when you get as smart as me then you may have a license to make up "silly" topics. But you have a long journey ahead of you. Smile
------------------
titanasgr, Where did I say that?
You are making associations that were not inferred by me.

(for thicko's) I no say thing about magicians helping magicians. This not written by me. You think all posts are ruled by that. You wrong!
- Mark Twain
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2005-03-16 19:29, Josh Riel wrote:

This is the reason for his following posts: "I still want you to think I'm smart and very deep, so I will try to explain this in a ridiculous fasion, thereby causing you to feel inferior by not understanding what I had said. and if that doesn't work I will follow with inflamitory statements"

See? I was right! Hah take that everyone who hasn't won a Nobel prize!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
I drink.

Try to find fault with this one.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 13:39, Partizan wrote:

In fact, I know I am "smart" and I don't mean to confuse people with less smarts then I. But if I have offended then tough.

That's ok Oh Great One Smile I was confused but I now know what this post is all about. I am not offended by your superior intellect, actually I am quite fascinated by it Smile . First time I had a chance to exchange dialog with a genius Smile .

I drink.

Not only do I not find fault with that, I think I need a drink right about now myself Smile .

This is definitely the strangest post I have come across so far here at the Magic Café'. I hope it does not disappear.
Iven Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4570 Posts

Profile of Payne
For god's sake will somebody please mention religion, politics or trash a product put out by a friend of Mr. Brooks so this inane post will get locked and we can all get on with our pathetic little lives.

Face it, no one on this board is a cerebral colossus (except me of course) otherwise we'd be off running number scams on people who had money.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I Think God may be smart, I think Bush may not, And do not buy magic from anyone anywhere ever. Does this make you happy Mr payne?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
That was of course meant in humor,(mostly) I don't want hit men sent after me.
Moonlit Knight
View Profile
Regular user
U.S.
113 Posts

Profile of Moonlit Knight
"To choose order over disorder, or disorder over order, is to accept a trip composed of both the creative and the destructive. But to choose the creative over the destructive is an all-creative trip composed of both order and disorder. To accomplish this, one need only accept creative disorder along with, and equal to, creative order, and also willing to reject destructive order as an undesirable equal to destructive disorder."

"Seek the Sacred Chao - therein you will find the foolishness of all ORDER/DISORDER. They are the same!"
- Excerpts from "Principia Discordia"

PS. Partizan – All of the numbers you used to achieve your winnings appeared in my post! Granted, they needed to be rearranged - after all the 4 & 0, 2 & 0, 4 & 3 were separated. But, all of the numbers were there - I had two # 1's, three # 4's, two 3's and three 8's. Unfortunately I only had one 0, not two – but, hey, no one is perfect. I'll gladly except euros, dollars, food stamps, M&M’s, etc.. Smile

"My wallet and my comb they comfort me."
Bob's Psalm
"Join the dance... Follow on! With a twist of the world we go."
- Genesis "Dancing With The Moonlit Knight"
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 15:16, Payne wrote:
For god's sake will somebody please mention religion, politics or trash a product put out by a friend of Mr. Brooks so this inane post will get locked and we can all get on with our pathetic little lives.

Gee Payne, it sounds like you are trapped in this post and can't get out.
Why do you keep returning? You must have at least a speck of interest in this post or else I would think you would just not return for some more cerebral punishment Smile
I don't mean to be sarcastic (not!) but I think you would be the first one to say if a post bother's you don't read it. Am I wrong?
Still enjoy your great Magic and conversations though. Still Friends? Smile
Iven Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Random Number Thing!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL