The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I have been getting more and more interested in the pitch life. I had been curious about it and started researching it. I called my friend Whit and asked; "Hey, can you name off some guys who pitch Svengalis for a living?" He said; "Reed, there is a guy Name Don Driver, Give him a call. They say he is one of the best" Well, I called him up and we chatted for a while and he says he also has a video availble with all the trimmings on how to make money pitching. I said I will take one.

I got it in the mail and started to study it and learn the pitch and then I went down to my local weekend market and bought a 10x10 space The rent is very little. We did our first weekend and made a couple of hundred dollars. I realize that's not a lot of money, but when you figure it was for Svengali decks and all the contacts for gigs that I got also - WOW!!!!

Don's Video is a workmans video. It does not have all the flashy editing and stuff you would find on most videos, but it does have everything you ever wanted to know about really making money.

Look, I built my joint for a total of $80.00 and bought some inventory, I have a funny feeling next weekend will be even better than the first weekend. The trick to this is don't just buy the video for the secrets that he gives (and there are a lot of juicy tid bits), buy it to take it out and build a tip and turn them. Don Driver gave me more than a video for twenty dollars. He gave me an opportunity to be with my wife to run a business on the weekends and be with my children, and invite friends down to hang out and have fun pitching and learning to pitch the Svengali decks. Still beats working a real job.

I will keep you guys posted as to how my joint is working out. I am loving this!!! Do yourself a favor and try this out. The video is available from Don Driver himself. I am doing this on my own accord, not his. I am just so excited about it that I wanted to share this with all of you. The Magic Café is all about helping other magicians and I think this will help so many of you.
Thank you Don For this awsome gift of pitching!
The little pitchling - Reed McClintock
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
I agree Don is the BEST...He works this pitch and makes $$$$ with it. I loved the video and looking forward to it being converted to dvd..how about it Don?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2005-03-08 19:11, Reed McClintock wrote:

I have been getting more and more inerested in the pitch life.

Are you trying to say that your coming out of the closet ???
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Reed,
Glade you liked it and are putting it to use.Its great to go out and make money with magic and NOT have to wait for the phone to ring.
Not sure when or if I'll go to DVD.
Later Guys,
Don
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Just one correction, Reed. I never said "THEY say he is one of the best..." I told you myself that he is one of the very best.

I have known Don for more than thirty years, since he used to hang around Baltimore-- upside down in a straight jacket. He knows everything about the pitch, the jam auction, and many other hustles. He is a goldmine of the real stuff.

His video teaches you the real nitty-gritty of working a Svengali pitch, and if you get it, watch it, and do it the way he says, you will make lots of money.

We are hoping to get Don out to LA for some video shoots on the jam auction and drawing a tip for trade shows and street magic. He is a true master at drawing a tip, and the S4S wants to put out a dvd on this and anything else he is willing to put out.

Even if you don't have any plans to pitch in the near future, you should grab his video while you still can. It is the best thing on the pitch that I have seen. It is way underpriced.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I watched Don's new video a couple of nights ago and also thought it was great. You can find it at http://www.magicpitch.com/ for a very low price.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
I, too, ordered Don's video recently. The video is packed with lots of information. It's nothing but good ol' american know-how by a guy who actually DOES it! At $20, it's a steal! Great stuff... recommended!
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
I invite anyone coming to Portland or if you live in Portland to come and see my joint. I am having such a blast with this. It is hard work , but fun hard work. Thanks again Don for everything.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
WOW guys thanks so much.I do have it a magic pitch,but if you click on my profile your see my URL and can order it direct from me and get free shipping.
Thanks again everybody,
Don
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I agree with everyone here if you want the real work on pitches Don is the man to go to. I too have known Don for close to 30 years when he lived in Las Vegas.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Don is the man!!! GET THIS VIDEO!!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Everything has been said above, and I second, third, and fourth it all! Don's experience is a goldmine, and he gives it all in this DVD. If you don't have it, buy it. You WILL make your money back the first time you put the knowledge he gives you into action, and a lot more besides.
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Correction. I meant video, not DVD! My mistake Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I suspect that the Svengali Pitch is responsible for getting a lot of people, especially kids, interested in magic.

I remember seeing a Svengali pitchman on the old Steel Pier in Atlantic City in 1961, when I was all of 11 years old. It certainly seemed like a miracle to me! A Svengali Deck, along with an S.S. Adams Money Machine, were my first magical purchases.

So I say thanks to Don for preserving and promoting the Svengali Pitch. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I agree with all that has been said above. Don knows his stuff, inside, outside, upside down, or at the bottom of a swimming pool. Don is the man, and this video takes you step by step through a life time of hard earned knowledge.

A knock down joint that can be build for under 50 bucks, and the contact info for stock with a sleeve so pretty it'll make your eyes water alone is worth the price of admission. But there's SO much more! Don has walked the walk and learned the talk from the best of the best. You follow the advice on this tape, build a joint, and buy some stock, and you will make money.

No pipe dreams, no get rich quick scheme, no B.S. Just go out to a fair, flea market, or street corner, and you will make money.

That is a pretty attractive proposition for a guy looking for yet another way to make a buck.

I think he should be selling the tapes for a lot more than $20 no postage if you buy it direct. Deal of the century if you ask this kid. Click the link here and go make a killing.

I'm glad I got with it from Don. Thanks buddy, you're the best!

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I did a bit of reading on the Svengali Pitch, it seems that it is like a tradition more than anything else, is there anything else special about Svengali Deck selling? What difference would it be from like those Las Vegas Tourist shops?
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Or you may also want to take a look at ...

Mark Lewis's booklet,"The Long and Short of It"

you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com

Howard
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
One of the very first pitchmen I ever saw was a guy on a local market-in Germany- that did a Svengali pitch..
I was around 14 years of age and a couple of years later I saw him again at another joint..
He did the pitch incredible well, as well as entertaining, like only somebody can do having worked/done this for a very long time..he simply was GREAT!
And..he sold a lot of decks...

It was an elderly gentlemen -at least it looked so to a very young guy..

Anyhow, I promised myself not to buy any more tapes,as I'm stuffed with tapes and the ones I really love to watch I've converted to DVD.

So..as soon as Don's work comes on DVD, I'll buy it Smile

Yes, I know, it's not what media it is on, it's the contents that counts..but a promise is a promise (to myself) and as I don't intend to make a living out of pitching Svengali decks, I just want to have the fun to se a real master...on DVD Smile

So Don, it's not that hard to simply copy that tape to DVD, pull yourself together and do it Smile

Note how many places (L&L as an example) are selling out their videotapes cheap just to get rid of them..they are all into DVD now...

I'm pretty sure this will accelerate sales, as well as the postal transfer is easier for a thin smal envelope with a DVD instead of a big VHS-tape...

Just my thoughts..
Remember the old saying: The secret of the successfull sale of a product is within the wrapping of it...
We all can learn from the producers of f.ex. high priced parfume, watching the way they wrap the thing and how much they spend on making the wrapping attactive..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-03-12 05:47, hkwiles wrote:
...you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com[/quote]
Can't find any clip there?
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Werner,

Click on Entertainment..Tradeshow Magic..Tricks 0f the Trade

click on the Demo...takes a while to load

Let me know what you think..I bought the booklet very good indeed.

Howard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL