The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
JoshuaMichael,

Please don't order.

Thank You
Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Don, I could be wrong, but I think he was giving you a compliment! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I'm sure he was Seth,but still...very strange.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
347 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I have to chime in. I set up shop two Sundays ago at a great swap meet location. I had the flashy pitch joint and lots of different kinds of stock. I didn't need any of it but the Svengali deck and the right attitude. I sold more than enough decks to make it a great day but I'm of one track mind now. Svengali and Driver pitch. Enough said...Rick
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
Don's DVD is IT!

When I first saw the ad, I thot, "Heck, I can do that!" When I got the DVD and tried actually DOING the tricks, I thot, "Heck, I CAN'T do that!" And frankly, I COULDN'T! I set up my table in front of the TV and I'm not lying when I say I played it over 200 times. I JUST couldn't get it. Even tho Don EXPLICITELY shows you how, I never got the cards back in the correct order by the end of the demo. Had to stop and get 'em set up after EVERY demo! My wife said, "Maybe you just need to go out and DO IT!" (I think she was tired of hearing, "...they walk, they talk, they do a little tap dance right here on the table...." 200 times!) Heck, after 200 times, SHE could even do it!!

So I went out and DID IT. Rented a space at a local flea and DID IT. Still messed up--just not as much. My DL was STILL terrible and still got the cards out of order about half the time. BUT-- I actually sold my first demo—2 sets to one guy. (He didn't know how terrible I was!) But that point told me MAYBE the most important thing. I KNEW at least SOMETHING and the customer didn't know ANYTHING about what I was attempting to do. So even if I messed up, I still sold.

I put an extra key card in the card box and put it in an out of the way place. If I messed up and the key card was NOT where it was supposed to be, I said, “Did you hear that? I think it went into that box. Here, open it up and see.” I STILL got the “How'd you do that?” even tho I had actually messed up.

Today, I not only have the confidence I initially lacked, I have not HAD to use the “card-in-the-box” bit in many weeks. Which means I ACTUALLY do it right. Even my DL is ALMOST undetectable—at least from the front.

Can I say I owe it all to Don's DVD? Nope. But if I had not had the INITIAL “Heck, I can do that”, AND Don's DVD, I'd still be wondering if I could.

Don's DVD is the MAGIC that made me do it. And I'm sure I'm probably the ONLY dummy who watched it 200 times and STILL couldn't do it correctly. So if you're wavering about buying it—BUY IT! I'm sure YOU will not be a member of the “200 club”!

Jon
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
200 times? That has to be a record! Anyway I'm glade you liked the DVD and are out earning money because of it.

Thanks Jon,and have a good one.

Don
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
DON DRIVER’S Svengali PITCH

Hey Everyone,
My name is Jacob, I am a demo/pitcher/magician at FAO Schwartz in NYC. I work there selling Svengali decks and other great Magic Tricks from FANTASMA to children, tourists, and young Magicians alike.

I have heard some good things about Don’s DVD and pitch not only for the Café but also from other friends and Magicians. So I figured I would take the plunge. And I was glad I did.

I received Don Driver’s DVD a while back, watched the DVD and was pretty happy. Don doesn’t waste time with fancy graphics or any kind of fancy set ups. When you buy the DVD, you are buying straight information. If you want to start pitching decks or any kind of pitching, this is a GREAT DVD to start with.

Don presents it all, from the way to build the stand you are performing on to how to present the magic deck. He gives you a TYPED script as well as a Live Performance. He breaks it down step by step and answers any questions you may have.

Don was even kind enough to include a brief history of his pitch and how its changed and developed to the create it is now.

While Don does give you a great DVD that presents all the information, he also gives you a very valuable information Packet. In there is hard text of his scripted routine as well as contact information of bulk products, designs for a pitch stand, as well as instructions and more.

Don breaks down the DVD in the following way:
OPENING --- Don gives you a quick hello and welcomes you to the DVD
THE PICTH --- Don performs the Pitch for a Magician nice and slow and with some notes
THE JOINT --- Don goes into detail how to build your stand so you can be proud of your work
INTRO TO LIVE PITCH --- Don talks about where he is and what your about to see and what to look for
THE LIVE PITCH! --- Don does his pitch and wows a crowd and sells out his decks!
AFTER THOUGHTS --- Notes about the pitch and how to set up and Sell, SELL, SELL!
FUZZLE PITCH --- Free, included is the Magic Fuzzle Pitch so you can maybe branch into this effect

Also included is where you can buy bulk items of Magic Fuzzles and you can see The Legendary S. David Walker perform the pitch for Svengali decks at the Wisconsin Fair (2005)

So that’s his DVD, No frills, short, to the point, proven to work, easy to learn, homemade, cheap, and YOU CAN MAKE MONEY!

Yes…I sell more Svengali decks when I use Don’s Pitch. I have taken the time to test it against my old pitch and his. I must say, this is a Gem. I have taken a month to test it…and it works every time.

So if you are just starting out or want to refine your technique or simply want a great way to get introduced to a GREAT area of magic…this is a DVD to start with.

Pitching decks and selling them WILL make you a better magician.

On top of that…Don is a great guy. I have called and talked to him about magic and pitching and he is always willing to help you out. When you get his DVD, you get his email too.

For 30 dollars….it’s a steal.

Thanks Don!
-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
Seeker
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
578 Posts

Profile of Seeker
No reaction? Or does everyone know its good already?

-Jacob
I've been training these cards since they were small.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I think all the hip people know it is good....
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Hey Jacob, your review was right on target, there's no question that Don's DVD is the "gold standard" on the Svengali Pitch. I also agree that pitching Svengali Decks will make you a better magician, because you can get tons of performing experience and can polish a routine until it shines (although as Don says, a pitchman is not a magician, he/she is a salesman).

And for those folks who would like to make some money with their magic, Don's DVD will pay for itself many times over if you learn and apply the lessons he gives you -- it's the real work on the Svengali Pitch. BTW, don't neglect the Magic Worm info at the end, it could definitely be another gold mine if handled properly. The decks and the worms are a dynamite pitching combination!

BTW, I'm curious to learn what other items you pitch in addition to the Svengali Deck. I do a Svengali Pitch at street festivals, fairs, craft shows, etc., and also pitch Magic Worms and Money Paddles. I've tried other effects such as the Buddha Papers, Money Makers, Dime & Penny sets, and an Adams Nest of Boxes, but nothing sells like the decks, the worms and the paddle. Also had a few bombs like the Multiplying Rabbits (a good trick, but no good outside in a breeze and too tough for kids to learn) and the Ball Vase (no interest whatsoever). So now I focus on just 3-4 tricks so that I have a good variety, but without a big inventory. But I'm curious to have the benefit of your experience, which may be different since you are pitching in FAO Schwartz for Fantasma.

If you want to reply, please post your answer in the "Step Right Up" section of the Café, which is devoted to discussions about pitching. Thanks! SETH
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
This DVD has been so successful and its all because of all you great guy out there.

I want to wish each and everyone of you the best New Year for you and your family EVER !

2009 is going to be the best year yet to pitch,have some fun and make lots of money.

From the bottom of my heart..Thank Again Everybody...
Don
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Just reviewing this topic, and I have to add that *********'s book is a very informative read, but strictly speaking, it is not targeted at selling Svengali decks, as much as fooling people (and magicians - note the distinction), with the cards they all think they know. I'd recommend it as another resource for those who want to pitch. (And who wouldn't like to try, given our current economic opportunities?)

Okay, just so I'm clear - this post is not a plug for "he who must not be named," but I did find it interesting. My friends who have purchased from Mr. Driver have had all good things to say. I still have the book by David Walker, which I found very educational. Remember all, selling Svengalis is about making money, not acting like a magician...you know, with flourishes and things a mark can't see himself ever doing.

Quote:
On 2005-03-12 05:47, hkwiles wrote:
Or you may also want to take a look at ...

*********'s booklet,"The Long and Short of It"

you can see a clip of him doing it on his website.

http://www.marklewisentertainment.com

Howard
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The book" long and short of it" dosen't have anything to do about pitching. It shouldn't even be mention on this thread.

There is a section for book reviews.

Don
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Don did a lecture on the Svengali pitch at our IMB ring in Febuary.One of the members bought Don's Svengali pitch DVD.He can't believe all the good information in it.
He's at the Flea Market this weekend.He asked me to post that he took in $150.00 yesterday and doing even better today.

In these very hard economic times what better way to make extra money with a very small investment and have fun doing it.So guys get off your butt and order this GREAT DVD today at http://www.dondriver.com and start making that extra money every weekend,you'll never regret it.

Thanks Don for this information,you have changed many lives because of it over the years.

David
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I am starting my fourth year pitching Svengali decks and Magic Worms, based on Don's DVD. That $20 VHS tape was the best investment in magic that I ever made.

Lots of amateur magicians complain that "there is no place to be bad," meaning that there are no places to learn how to perform. And they are constantly having to learn new tricks because they keep peforming for the same people (spouse, friends, coworkers, etc.). So they never get to polish anything until it shines.

In addition to making you a nice pile of money, pitching will make you a better magician, because you are doing the SAME tricks over and over again for DIFFERENT audiences. If you want to straigten out your DL's or work on your final load for a Cups & Balls routine, here's your golden opportunity. Want to practice handling IT? A few days of pitching Magic Worms will make you an expert. Want to learn how to attract and hold an audience? You get the idea. A pitchman is NOT a magician, but pitching will make you a better magician, no doubt about it.

And unlike busking, where you are basically just working for tips, when you pitch, you pay for your spot and are a legitimate business. You are selling something, and people expect to pay for it if they want to buy it. All you need to do is create the desire, and Don's DVD shows you exactly how to do that.

BTW, it has been my experience that if you pay attention to what Don says on his DVD and the Magic Gods are shining on you, you can expect to make about 10 times your spot fee if you know what you are doing. So if you pay $25 for a spot at the local flea market, you can walk home with $250. Pay $50 to set up a tent at the local municipal fair or a table at an Xmas bazaar, and go home with $500. I have paid $75 for a spot at a big street fair and gone home with $750 for a day's work. So far, I have NEVER failed to make my table fee (although I have had a few close calls!)

I second David's post -- thanks, Don, for making the real work available on the Svengali Pitch and the Magic Worm pitch. I should also mention that Don is one heck of a nice guy, and is always willing to give a hand or word of advice at no extra charge. So don't delay folks, operators are standing by to take your call . . . . SETH
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks David and Seth.Lets hear from some of you other guys that has ordered my DVD.

Don
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I just had two days of hands on training from Don at my magic shop. What a great time!

Thanks Don!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
I have to say, I'M NOT REALLY VERY GOOD. Yet I'm in my 8th gross of cards, using the technique in Don's DVD. There is no other way to say it--if you're gonna do Svengali, you just flat have to have it!

I now get "How'd you do THAT?" almost every time the card on the table changes from the ace to the nine. The look of wonder in the little faces MAKES my day. Of course, the money ain't bad, either. And with the addition of the "million dollar bill" trick, ALMOST everyone buys. (Write me if you want a copy of it--no charge!)

All I can say is "Thanx, Don!"

Jon
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I had never really considered pitch before, but my eyes are now open...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oops! I tried the link to Don's site, but it's not there any more. Is there another link?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL