The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Chase -- to answer your question, nothing intentional, I just thought "Mark" but typed "Martin".

To get back to the point of this thread, I agree that pitching Svengalis is an art, and that Don is one of the masters. You do not have to be a magician to pitch Svengalis, but I do think that pitching the decks would make anyone a better magician.

Don has a low-key but very effective approach, and a well thought out routine that is short and sweet. His video is chock full of good information and tips, and is absolutely worth the $20 being asked. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Brad Hall
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, Ok
40 Posts

Profile of Brad Hall
Ordered Don's tape by snail mail on MONDAY. I'm checking my bank account thinking once I see the check has cleared, it will be about another week. WRONG!
The tape arrived today, BEFORE the check even cleared. Pick myself up off the
floor after I passed out from shock. This reminds me of the way people used to
do business, say 30 or so years ago, when people were actually honest and a hell
of a lot more trusting. Sorry, I gotta quit typing..... I'm still a little woozy...
cstreet_1986
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of cstreet_1986
Don Driver’s No Frills, short, to the point, proven, easy to learn, homemade, cheap, money making Svengali Pitch is as fantastic as it is a catchy title. Don has learnt from David Walker (considered the ‘king of pitching’), who was able to get a great deal of money out of his turn (I could describe this much better, but I think you will find the story more inspirational if you get it from the VHS). Don has taken his pitch and adapted it to fit into the style of the turn today.

He works the deck with brilliance and even goes as far as to let the turn handle the deck! Of course, Don doesn’t just explain, word for word, the pitch, but he includes a manuscript for the pitch (which includes the pitch, the Larcency Trick, the Magic Fuzzle/Wigglee Pitch, how to build your pitch, where to buy cheap stock [in America], another way to build a tip for street magic and Don’s email address in case you need help) and includes how to use the Svengali properly, giving practical advice rather than theoretical ideas that ‘may’ work. Obviously Don has put a lot of effort into making this and is selling it for an incredible price.

Don has been helping me out even before I bought the VHS or anything from him, and has been helping me ever since - Don is one in a million (as you can see in the above post). Buy his VHS; there’s nothing else like it.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I just started putting the principles on this tape to work.

I'm amazed! I was able to take down 400 dollars in two days! I'm adding a short Svengali pitch to my busking act. I'm working in my home town, paying no booth fees, and making GOOD money.

Don has given me a living! For twnty bucks, its a steal!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
This is an incredible video and a MUST HAVE if you are even thinking about doing a Svengali pitch. The video is chock full of excellent tips and information for all aspects of pitching. From getting a spot, to building your "joint", where to accquire the stock, and the actual pitch itself. Don also covers a lot of do and don't for pitching Sven decks. And you can believe this information because Don Driver and David Walker have close to 100 years of real life experience under their belts. These guys KNOW the business inside and out!!

I can also tell you after having watched Don work, that the pitch he gives you on this tape is the EXACT pitch that he has been using for years to get the money. Nothing is witheld. I can't imagine that there is a better source to learn this stuff than from Dons tape.

If you are thinking about setting up a joint and pitching Svengali decks, you MUST get this video tape. Do not even attempt to get started without having first studied this tape. Pitching is hard work, give yourself the best chance you can by listening to and learning from one of the all time greats in the field. The 20 bucks you spend now, will come back to you many,many times over.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
You will really like the DVD version of Don's pitch tape. We should be shipping by the end of next week.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Whit -- can you tell us how the material on the DVD differs from the previous VHS tape, if at all?

If it contains some new or additional material, I'm sure many people who already have the VHS version would be interested in upgrading. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

Profile of Creative Coach
Whit,
Where can we order the DVD and how much is it?
Please advise.

John Cooper
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Everything will be announced when it is ready.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anounce it up and anounce it down!!! Don Driver is a genius, besides being one heck of a nice guy!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Chris....
Your OK yourself !
Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Are we close to announcing?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Quote:
On 2005-09-08 14:05, DonDriver wrote:
Hi Guys,
Whit just informed me that he is having trouble with his "DVD card" for his computer that he edits with and its in the shop.(I have no idea what this DVD card is)The DVD will be another two weeks now.
Sorry ...
Thanks guys,
Don
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hey Skin,
Thanks for posting this notice.Its all true guys,Whit is having trouble with his computer and the DVD will be delayed for sometime now.I'm really sorry for this and the guys that are waiting so patiently for it.However I still have it available on VHS and I promise its the same video that will be on the DVD,There will be nothing new on the DVD verson.I also now take Pay Pal.Its all set up at my web site that is at the bottom of my signature.
Thanks again for all your support and patients with this.
Have a good one,
Don
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
Good news! I just talked to Don and the new Svengali DVD is ready to go. It DOES have new footage: it features the Legendary S. David Walker pitching the deck. Should be great! You can get it at http://www.dondriver.tk
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
This is such great news. I know there are a lot of people reluctant to purchase VHS, but in this case, the wait was unnecessary. This is information that pitch guys just have to have. However, Don has heard your pleas, and has announced that he purchased a DVD recorder, just for the likes of us riff-raff. He is now producing a DVD just for us, with not only his Svengali routine, but also the legendary S. David Walker, as mentioned above. This is really exciting, because folks, we are just not going to have him around for very much longer. Thank you so much Don, for getting this one out to the guys. Hey guys, lets support Don in this endeavor, he is really trying to get the stuff to us that we need. This is a guy who is trying to get out to the busking (and pitching) community what was passed to him by David and others. We have a chance to learn from the best, lets take it!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks guys,
I did say it would be the same as the VHS and now I've gone and added David Walker pitching, with his permission. I just couldn't let this slip by me. I feel I had to preserve footage of S. David Walker. The man has been pitching since the 40's. If you look up an old Genii from 2001 with Harry Lorayne on the cover, Harry has a two page story in it named "My Svengali pitching days with David Walker". There is even a photo Harry keep all these years from 1947 with David and Harry on the pitch joint. This is magic and pitching history. But everything else, the info on pitching, is 100% the same that was on the VHS.
I'm sure you'll all enjoy watching David doing his pitch at the 2005 Wisconsin state fair.
Thanks for all your support in my video...oops DVD!
Don
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
This is great stuff. I have reviewed it on this thread earlier. Now on DVD, which is awesome. Add to that the fact that you get footage of S David Walker working what might be his last fair and you've got an incredible teaching tool and a piece of history all rolled into one. Davids pitch is excellent. He is hilarious, I love that line about TB. Also his line about how the adults are afraid that he is going to jump over the table and "get in their pockets". He dosen't do that.

You gotta have this DVD.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I just order this and am looking forward to having it on DVD, my vcr doesn't work.
markjens
View Profile
Loyal user
N. CA
213 Posts

Profile of markjens
Don, Just curious about one other thing on this DVD. You did include a fuzzle pitch as well, did you not? If so, is this your performing the pitch, or the gentleman's who worked the fair with you and David this year?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL