The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Well, I hit the flea again yesterday and did much better. Thanks for all of the help, Don!
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
You're welcome Scott...keep up the good work.

Don
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I have a couple of questions.

My cash supply is low right now and I want to learn how to pitch Svengali decks. Will I be successful at this buy purchasing the Svengali dvd and not the building a tip?

The second question is how much impact the building a tip will have on Svengali sales in a flea market type environment where people are already there and I don't necessarily need to draw them to me?

The third question is does the Svengali DVD give you any info on how to draw a crowd?

Thanks

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Chris -- if what you are asking is whether you need to buy Don's "Building a Tip" DVD in addition to the Svengali Pitch DVD, the answer is no. Don shows you how to attract a crowd in the Svengali Pitch DVD. His "Building a Tip" DVD will show you another very effective method, but you don't absolutely need it for the Svengali Pitch. In my own opinion, it would be more useful for a busker than for a pitchman, and I believe Don makes that point on the DVD.

And even in a flea market, where there are already strolling patrons, you will still need to do something to draw a crowd. In fact, it has been my experience that unless you do something -- say "Good Morning" or riffle or ribbon-spread the cards, about 75% of the people will walk on past you, mostly because they have no idea what you are doing and are not motivated enough to stop and find out. To sell the Svengali Deck, you definitely need to demo it, hence the need for the Svengali Pitch. You've got to show folks what the deck can do in order to sell it.

Hope this helps. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Don,

I hit the flea again today and sales were great. I was only there for a couple of hours, but I did real good! Thanks for your help!

Having to busk some in the near future, I am going to order your Tip DVD, and I think I may as well get the Jam Auction one too. I think there is a guy out here that just started doing one.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks for the order Scott...its on its way.Glade to hear you're doing so go with the Svengali pitch.

Later,Don
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
I got Don's Svengali pitch DVD yesterday and because I got home really late I couldn't watch it, but I watched some of it this morning before school. I have only one word to describe the DVD, INCREDIBLE! He really explains step by step the way to get it done. Thanks Don!!!!

Shane
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I am buying this today is there a way to do this pitching in the winter?

Thanks

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Chris,

I tell you where to go set up and pitch in winter in the DVD.So yes you can work in winter.

Thanks for your order,
Don
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
'I made 3 times my money back on the price of this DVD pitching the first day.If you don't get this DVD...well,you just don't get it....Go to http://www.dondriver.com to order .Be sure to check out Don's special.The Jam Auction,Building a Tip,and the Svengalli Pitch all at a special price.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks George...glade you liked it.

Later,Don
biragobee
View Profile
New user
Germany
4 Posts

Profile of biragobee
Hi Don,

I wanted to order your DVD's but your site seems to be down at the moment. Is it a temporary problem?
"Pick a nose, any nose from the face"
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Its working
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Biragobee,
All this talk and still I haven't heard from you ?
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
Hello ,

This is my first post after registering on The Magic Café today! I thought it was fitting to post here as it's Don who has been my impetus for becoming a member. I bought both the Svengali and bally dvd's from Don after reading all the good things that had been written. I've since received the Jam Auction as well, which is, as has already been written, a masterclass in crowd building, crowd keeping and then selling. Very subtle but very strong.
Anyhow back to the Pitch DVD. As a result of watching these DVD's I contacted several wholesalers in the States. I live in England and have to accept that I'll be paying large postage rates and then import tax for bulk buys, this is an obvious consideration for anyone but I don't think it should put you off. The margins should still be there to make it worthwhile.
I was lucky enough to find a U.K wholesaler of novelty goods who was discontinuing his stock of Svengali decks so I bought what he had.
For anyone here in the U.K who is thinking about this but has doubts I say go for it. As far as the Bally pitch is concerned there is the fact that of course we have different currency but that can be used as an advantage changing from the US dollar to the £10 note!
In essence, I now have a way to bring in some much needed extra money, and the necessary contacts for getting new stock when I shift this first lot.
Don, thanks again for releasing these, as I think I said in my email to you, I think these are a great resource for anyone who has an interest in magic, busking and or selling!

Take it easy,
Mark
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Hi Mark, welcome to the Café' and good luck with your Svengali Pitch. Don's DVD was also my introduction to the Svengali Pitch, and he is definitely the master in this area, so you are off to a good start.

BTW, don't overlook the Worm Pitch at the end of Don's DVD. In my humble opinion, it is a tremendous attention-getter and crowd-builder. When the worm is crawling all over your hands or jumping from cup to cup, it stops people dead in their tracks! Best of all, it will appeal to kids who are a little too young to handle a Svengali Deck. It also appeals to young girls, who usually don't care for card tricks. If you haven't done any thread work before, it will take a little time to acquire the knack of handling the worm, but it will be time well spent, I guarantee you! SETH
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks Mark glade you liked the DVD so much.

Seth keep up the good work.

Don
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Don Driver's pitch DVD is a MUST have for anyone interested in pitching Svengali decks and making extra income. Not only does Don give you a proven and successful pitch, he tells you how to make the pitch joint, how to build a tip, and turn that tip. EVERYTHING that you need to know is covered, EVEN where to buy the Svengali decks for your pitching. In addition, Don gives you all the information that is contained on the DVD, in written form so you can read it at your leisure. Thank you Don for giving me the tools to be very successful in pitching at my local flea market. Get this DVD as it will pay for itself over and over again. Don, I cannot say thank you enough for making this DVD available. Cheers,

Bill
JoshuaMichael
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of JoshuaMichael
These testimonials are unbelieveable, I don't even like the Svengali or making money but I'm going to order anyway.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
Even if you don't regularly do a Svengali Pitch, getting and learning the pitch from Don Driver will make you a MUCH better magician. I know this for a fact, because that's what happened to me!

The constant complaint from many amateur magicians is that they have no place to perform, and they are always having to do new tricks for the same people. So they never get any real performing experience, and they can never "polish" an effect or get any honest feedback.

BUT -- if you learn the Svengali Pitch and pay $25 to set up at a flea market, you can perform the same trick all day long for different people. Your DL's will become a model of perfection in short order. You will quickly learn how to effectively present and "sell" a trick to your audience. You will gain confidence, lose any "performing nerves," and be able to really "connect" with your spectators by performing intimate, amazing closeup magic right under their noses. You will learn how to draw a crowd, and how to control and manage that crowd's attention. You will get to hear the "Ooohs" and "Aaaahs" and watch the jaws drop as all the cards magically change to the selected card, and then change back again! And if you screw something up (which is inevitable for everyone, including David Copperfield), you will learn how to cover it with outs, and besides, you can just start over again five minutes later with an entirely different crowd.

Along the way, you will also probably make enough money to buy plenty of other magic tricks and books, too. So what are you waiting for? OK, now who wants to buy one, just raise your hand, we have plenty in stock today and we'll get to you as soon as we can, please have your money ready . . . . SETH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Don Driver's pitch video... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL