The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Carrying balloons in a restaurant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
I do restaurant work and tie balloon animals as well as magic tricks. I normally just carry a pump and a handful of balloons in a side pocket of my suit. I have a big cache of balloons behind the bar and just refill my pocket from time to time from the bar cache.

I'm thinking of changing that. Maybe putting the pump in my topit and putting the balloons somewhere else. But I have no idea where else...so I thought it worth asking. Has anyone found a clever way to carry balloons around while wearing a suit? An extra pouch or something that still looks good with a suit, or anything else?

I'm not sure and I might just end up staying with a side pocket, I'm just not sure. I want the pump in my topit for sure - I intend to use Michael Ammar's method for appearing a champagne bottle to make the pump appear. So that just leaves the balloons.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Keep doing it the old way. Remember - "Don't run if you aren't being chased".
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2135 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
If you wore a jacket - you could hang them from a pouch off of your belt
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
paulajayne
View Profile
Inner circle
London England
1160 Posts

Profile of paulajayne
Hi

I use a colourfull wash bag with a drawstring top - it is long enough to fit my handpump in.

I just open the top and allow the child to pick a colour.

Paula
Paula Jay - Magic to Remember -
---------------------------------
I once wrote a book on elephants, I think paper would have been better.
----
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
I use a black leather fanny pack for my balloons. I also keep a couple of decks of cards in one of it's other pockets. I think it works with a suit. But I'm no master of fashion.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I use one of those free standing pumps made from PVC pipe..it's called the "Filbert Pump"...about half way down, it has a series of handles all the way around, like a collar...I tied a small black cloth bag to it that holds balloons... I also have my Bruce Kalver's "Tipper the Monkey" seat belted on there with velcro...these handles around the pump are great for holding inflated balloons when making a multi balloon figure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Carrying balloons in a restaurant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL