The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blade Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
After reading the thin model thread over in the history section of the Café, I thought I would bring up the cousin of that illusion, the Blade Box. I posted over there wondering where the Blade Box came from and though I should post here too. Also, by posting it here, it one more post towards my goal of outdoing the Carnival of Fun folks. The Owen's catalogue mentions that Selbit invented the Blade Box,but I would like to see if someone can back that up or put forth other origins. My historian friend Al Stencell has found a mention of a "chinese torture box" in a sideshow back in the 1880s. It's not clear if this was a Blade Box. Burling Hull put out plans for it, but is he the father of this thing? So, where did it come from?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Additionally I would like to know who came up with the original 'expose' for a ding...I know that was being done in the 50's but I'm sure it was much earlier when some genius figured out how much $ it could make.

Doug

yes...I'm following you.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blade Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL