The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A good Flashlight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
I am going to give this product a massive boost. I think anything that is really good should be shared.

The flashlight (or torch in real english) in question is the INOVA X5.

http://www.inovalight.com

You can get these for $25 in the states. and that is a super bargin for this beauty.
I have had mine (in green) for over 2 years. I'm still on the first set of batts. I demonstrate it all the time by throwing it on the floor (real hard). I must have slammed it over 40 times. I have taken it scuba with me, down to 18 meters and it was fine.
The light power is awesome. It is just raw light POWAH! this thing can be seen for 2 miles and is indestructible.
It feels good and looks good. It comes in 5 light colours. White, Green, Red, Blue and ULTRAVIOLET!!!!!

Light performance

5 super-brilliant LED lamps w/ optic-enhancing reflectors
Up to 120' effective range
Up to 10' effective range for UV model
Up to 2-mile signal visibility
Lifetime LEDs
Power source

2 CR123A (3 V) replaceable lithium batteries w/ 10-year shelf life
Red light requires 1 CR123A battery
Light output per battery set

Up to 20 hours burn time
Operation

Constant on/off via twist-activated switch cap
Momentary on via switch cap button
Operating range -30º to +60º C

Body

Precision-machined aircraft aluminum body with military-grade, Type III anodizing
Patented stainless steel head with recessed LED lamps
Knurled switch cap with rubber button
Internal piston
.860" diameter x 4.75" long
Lanyard hole
Nylon holster
Light colors

White
Red
Blue
Green
UV
Finishes

Black anodized
Titanium anodized
Warranty

Limited lifetime warranty
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
LED flashlights are cool (I have two) and the lights don't break or go out when you drop the flashlight, I know because I have dropped mine a few times and it hit the ground very hard.
Mine has 6 led's with a 7th gold colored led on the side that you can keep on so you can find it in the dark.
LED's typically have a 200,000 hour lifetime (at least that is what mine are rated) and does conserve battery life considerably.
I can see the day when all flashlights will be led, bulbs just don't have that much life to them and a good drop to the ground can break the filaments in them.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
As the white light version is wideband, the colours show up in vivid.
I am sure it is emmiting UV too, as the reflective index on most surfaces is massive.
- Mark Twain
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
It's just a flashlight for crying out loud!!!
Excuse me, "torch" as some call them.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Smile flashlight goes on! flashlight goes off! flashlight goes on! flashlight goes off! flashlight goes on! flashlight goes off! flashlight goes on! flashlight goes off!
- Mark Twain
Rudolph McGuinness
View Profile
New user
Isle of Man
23 Posts

Profile of Rudolph McGuinness
. . . and Kynetrioussiousisssis Cryptioussisoussissistopolis carries the FLASHLIGHT (!!!) the final few steps towards the Olympic Stadium in Athens. Nah, "torch" sounds better!
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-11 13:38, GlenD wrote:
It's just a flashlight for crying out loud!!!
Excuse me, "torch" as some call them.

When I lived in the Los Angeles area (Cypress) I probably would have agreed with your sentiment but living in the Pacific Northwest (Snohomish) we loose our electricity quite a bit in the winter months (seems that Snohomish has a very poor electric grid) so having a good emergency light source is important (especialy with a 7 year old daughter who is very fearful of the dark).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
aka
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of aka
Ahh.. I remember when these first came out; they were going for about $50 US!! I begged my parents for one, but I remember they got me a huge Maglite instead. But as these LED lights have now evolved, I think I might pick one up just for fun. The x5 looks amazinG!
*past the point of no return~~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » A good Flashlight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL