The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Hunter Shuffle (DVD) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
Penguin's actually changed their promotion to include the 'Las Vegas Dice' instead of 'The Hunter Shuffle DVD'. I'm kind of dissapointed since I don't know any false shuffles, but I'm atleast glad I won;t be recieving a product that was ripped off from the original. Can anyone suggest a DVD or Book that might teach me other things besides a false shuffle? Right now I'm looking into the Zarrow Shuffle DVD, but any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks Smile

Adam
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Good question Adam... You could look into getting Hollingworth's Drawing Room Deceptions or Eric Anderson's AH-HA. In both books, they go over their in the hands false shuffles as well as some other cool routines.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
I think the Zarrow is the way to go. I've actually heard good and bad about the Zarrow DVD. I learned the shuffle from Bill Malone on the loose volume 1 along with an incredible effect using the shuffle and about 6 or 7 other great effects! I would go for that if you're into cards.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I would get Lennart Green 1-6 or Bill Malone on the Loose vol. 1 for some great false shuffles.
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Not to metion the Allen Ackerman Advanced Card Control Series.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
812 Posts

Profile of e-man
On one of the Allen Ackerman's Control series DVD's' I beleive Allen teaches the Hunter shuffle,and its called the Hunter shuffle!
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
That's the G.W. Hunter shuffle. It's a wounderful overhand technique.
James Bateman
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of James Bateman
I like the Lenert Green shuffle on his video, and the Heinstein Shuffle too - though it requires lots of practice.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
Stannmaple:
Try to find another source for the zarrow shuffle, the way Bill Malone perform it, is not the best in my opinion, because he use a top strip out, Allan Ackerman thought in Expert at the card table & every move have a lot of tips, you can also improve the Malone Shuffle with Card College book or Private Studies by Marlo or a lot of referneces such as Gay Plants booklet on te Zarrow Shuffle.
Cardguy52
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Cardguy52
Or you could pick up the Zarrow dvd put out by Meir Yedid.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
It's back! I figured they might have fixed the dvd so it is properly credited, yet Rudy Hunter is still claiming in the preview that it's the best false shuffles he's come up with. Is anyone else outraged?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
They aren't going to re-master and re-stamp the whole stock of DVD's unless there was a defect that stopped you from being able to watch it.

It isn't like they can take all the DVD's shipping out and already made and just change the data on them...
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 08:07, Daegs wrote:
They aren't going to re-master and re-stamp the whole stock of DVD's unless there was a defect that stopped you from being able to watch it.

It isn't like they can take all the DVD's shipping out and already made and just change the data on them...

Rudy Hunter is the defect. They messed up on this one and I think they should stop selling it completely, since they chose to resell it then you would think the least they could do is properly credit on the dvd.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I thought the previous postings by myself and others shed some light on this rip off. It looked like Penguin had done the right thing by discontinuing the product but it seems like it is back. The new trailer is the old one with a few seconds of audio clipped out. Funny thing is, the audio that is snipped is, "It's the best false shuffle I have ever come up with..." Well, seems like Penguin realizes this is a ripoff but still thinks they should sell it. Maybe they are just trying to get rid of the stock they have. Either way it is unacceptable.

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2855 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
If you've seen Gary Plants do his take on the Zarrow (now available as "Gary Plants on the Zarrow Shuffle") you'll know that you cannot tell the difference between the false shuffle and the real one. I watched him vary the shuffle among the Zarrow, the Oeink and a real shuffle and I honestly could not tell the difference. Beautiful work.

There were only 100 manuscripts printed. I just checked his site atwww.thecardplant.com and it appears that it's still available.

Mike
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Mike,

Thanks for the nice comments. A slight correction however...the FIRST 100 copies were signed and numbered. They are long gone. However, I do still have the manuscript for sale, just none of the numbered ones. I don't want any misunderstanding on the manuscript.

Gary
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-04-01 00:35, hofzinser wrote:
Mike,

Thanks for the nice comments. A slight correction however...the FIRST 100 copies were signed and numbered. They are long gone. However, I do still have the manuscript for sale, just none of the numbered ones. I don't want any misunderstanding on the manuscript.

Gary

Gary, put your website in your profile so folks can go there.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Heh I thought he was trying to be semi-incognito...

Anyway back on topic:

I think you are all being too hard on this guy and his DVD.

Yes, This definatly suffers from incorrect/non-existant crediting...

However, it is more than likely that he either came up with this himself or worked out details after learning the basics.

This is not the case of someone taking an effect and blatently copying it without regard to the creator.... this isn't even an effect.

I mean, this is on par with teaching a strike double lift and saying you came up with it... obviously you didn't and it's in poor form to say that you did, but that doesn't nessacirily hurt the actual technique, nor does it really hurt any specific creator as the DL is widely known.

This is miles different than "Ghost Kings" or any other number of *actual* rip-offs... in this case it is just a bad case of no crediting, not really ripping off.

So go light on this guy, he actually makes that shuffle look decent which I haven't seen many do.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Gary, thanks for getting us on track!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Daegs, check out this thread and Nik Mikas' post near the bottom.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&22

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Hunter Shuffle (DVD) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL