The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Hunter Shuffle (DVD) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Quote:
On 2005-03-28 19:02, Alejandro Peterson wrote:
Stannmaple:
Try to find another source for the zarrow shuffle, the way Bill Malone perform it, is not the best in my opinion, because he use a top strip out, Allan Ackerman thought in Expert at the card table & every move have a lot of tips, you can also improve the Malone Shuffle with Card College book or Private Studies by Marlo or a lot of referneces such as Gay Plants booklet on te Zarrow Shuffle.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I might consider checking out these sources, however, I don't really get that into the move. I only use it occasionally. The way Bill Malone performs it may not be the best of the best, but it definately fools people and I'm not looking for my zarrow to fool magicians, but laypeople which it definately does. I know many people in this Café are into studying a "move" from every source they can get their hands on which is good, but I don't have the money for that and my zarrow has served me well. If I get a chance though, I will check out the other work on this shuffle particularly Gary Plant as I've heard it's the best out there. Thanks again
Dann
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Oh, I don't know if any of you saw, but there IS one quote on penguin crediting this shuffle:

"Rudy’s touches are brilliant! The Hunter Shuffle’s roots can be traced back to the “Shank Shuffle” that appeared first in print in Herophant#7. The original "Shank Shuffle" had one illustration and one paragraph describing what occurred with NO WAY of making it effective. Rudy Hunter’s handling and subtleties on this DVD make it a valuable contribution to the Magic Fraternity"
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2005-04-01 20:56, stannmaple wrote:
Oh, I don't know if any of you saw, but there IS one quote on penguin crediting this shuffle:

"Rudy$BCT(B touches are brilliant! The Hunter Shuffle$BCT(B roots can be traced back to the $BE4(Bhank Shuffle$B!&(Bthat appeared first in print in Herophant#7. The original "Shank Shuffle" had one illustration and one paragraph describing what occurred with NO WAY of making it effective. Rudy Hunter$BCT(B handling and subtleties on this DVD make it a valuable contribution to the Magic Fraternity"

Stannmaple, I originally mentioned this "credit" on the other thread... It was put on the site (multiple days after complaints), not on the DVD, to cover their ***.

Read more of what I said at the bottom of this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&22

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Furniture
View Profile
Elite user
London
415 Posts

Profile of Furniture
Hey guys, this is not a zarrow but applies the same principle.

the good point of this shuffle is that the order of the cards is really not altered. the zarrow needs a slip cut before to do this Smile
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
True, but the Shank Shuffle doesn't have the top card cover. That cover, in my opinion, is what really sells the move and makes it work. I love the Zarrow Shuffle because it does look so clean. Another thing that makes the Zarrow work better in a true gambling situation is that the Slip Cut isn't needed, if you do the shuffle twice. Shuffling twice is pretty much required in all games.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The Hunter Shuffle (DVD) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL