The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Clear cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I been toying with this idea for a while now

Every one has performed the cups and balls routie , right , well I want to do something just a little different with the effect. clear cups.

This is how I think it should play:

First take out the clear cups and then put the ball under one of the cups.
mix the cups up and ask the spectator to pick the cup that the ball is under.
natualy he will pick the cup that has the ball in it.
Next the magician proceds to pick up the cup. Now keep in mind that the spectator can see the ball thru the cup untill the magician picks the cup up and the ball is completly gone. He then procedes to pick up a different cup and the ball rolls out from under the cup. this is repeated 2 or 3 times.
The finally would of couse have larger balls that appear under the cups or could be different colors.

the thing is I havent figured out how to make the ball disapear from the clear cup yet. I can make it reapear and it looks good in a mirror(i have a gimick for this).

any ideas?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
irishguy
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
629 Posts

Profile of irishguy
Quote:
On 2005-03-15 16:46, braddini wrote:
Every one has performed the cups and balls routie , right , well I want to do something just a little different with the effect. clear cups.

Not to burst your bubble, but Penn and Teller have already done the clear plastic cups and balls.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Jason Latimer has already perfected Clear Cup & Ball routine. He won in FISM 2003.

Hideo Kato
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Bummer!
I've seen the penn and teller's but they done just the classic routine.
how does the other guys routine go?
is the vanish of the ball visual?
can you see the ball up to the point of vanish?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
You said "Bummer" to me or to Mr.Latimer?

Hideo Kato
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Bummer to the fact that someone thought already of this idea,
no disrepect to anyone.
know of a place with a video of latimer's routine?
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Jason Latimer's act was in FISM 2003 video, but it would be difficult for you to obtain.
I saw an anouncement that Jason Latimer's Cups & Balls will be released by some dealer. It was several months ago, but I have not found its ad.

Hideo Kato
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
Ok , thanks for the info, I'll keep my eye out for it also , Im curious to see what the routine looked like.
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Anyone know if P&T are currently doing the act in their Vegas show? I've never seen it, but I will be there in a month.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Part of my video collection is FISM 2003 which I transfered from vhs to vcd format.
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Salah AAZEDINE
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
178 Posts

Profile of Salah AAZEDINE
I saw the Jason Latimer Cups and Ball routine. It's realy a great effect. I have no idea how it's done but love watching this routine.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I have both his stage act and cups and balls on my computer.. msg for it.. What a great routine, everything so visual. Probably the only version of the cups and balls I enjoyed...
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I also had heard mention of a marketed version of the "latimer cups" with possible production being done by joe porper. I recall jason saying it was awhile off though, as he is still performing it and he wants to keep it his. Something to that effect.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I spoke to Jason Latimer about this at the Magic Circle Centenary in London. He told me that he would not be marketing the routine for at least the next year or so. He said that as long as it is his signature effect, he isn't going to tip it.

So, don't hold your breath.

There was a manuscript about the clear cups and balls published by Micky Hades about 20 years ago.

Terry Holley also has a clear cups and balls routine.

Check the threads in Ever so Sleightly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-08-26 15:13, Bill Palmer wrote:

There was a manuscript about the clear cups and balls published by Micky Hades about 20 years ago.

That's the one by Jeff Campbell and Ron Dayton. Crystal cups. You can get it here.

http://www.jokeshop.us/book-list.html
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
BlackShadow
View Profile
Special user
London UK
666 Posts

Profile of BlackShadow
Use a ball gimmicked as per the pull. The fingers mometarily cover the front of the glass as it is lifted allowing the vanish. I'm not sure how this would look, but it would be worth a try.

Teller was very good with the clear cups even with the classic routine. He did it so quickly it was difficult to tell what was happening.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
While I was watching Latimer do the clear cups, all I could think of was that it looked more like the shell game than the cups and balls.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Well,

I have also been with Jason when he came to Portugal about one month or so ago.
I have seen his routine about 50 inches from him, right at the front. I have been baffled completely. I have just seen the balls vanish!
Yet, a few moments later I saw the secret to the vanishing of the balls because he made a little mistake. I think that the idea is new. The vanish of the balls is really easy once you know the secret. Smile
Is one of those things (like all the magic) in which when you know the amusement disappears.

Obviously I won´t say the secret to anyone because Jason is a very clever person and took years to create such routine. He is very kind and really a showmanhip guy. I wish him all the luck.
sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
I thought everyone knew how latimer did this.is it a big secret>?
Brother Kotah
View Profile
New user
wWsconsin
45 Posts

Profile of Brother Kotah
The mss. Hades published was "CAmpbell's Crysral Cups, wtitten by Jeff Campbell and myself with my own illustrations. JEffdevised the routine after seeing a crystal chop cup I had devised. Has it been 20 years already!?

KOTAH aka Ron Dayton
He who sees strangely
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Clear cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL