The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » World's most difficult flourish. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2002-10-07 06:31, kellser121 wrote:
I find the Charlier cut really quite tricky. Just wondering what you guys think. As for the curly-cue, I have managed to master that quite well and find I can incorporate into the computer's mind - reading mentalism routine.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Andy

This is really … wow. I find that I have no problem with the Charlier cut, and I use it in many a routine with flipbacks and other one handed stuff. The Curly Q, that's a different story. I can't see how you can master the hardest of moves, but The Charlier give you problems? Smile Maybe if you move the deck closer to your fingertips, the Charlier would be easier. ANYWAY, congrats on the Curly Q, I can't do it for sure. Everyone's putting in their 2 cents, but I spent all my cents on magic tricks. SORRY!! Anyhow, the vertical spring LOOKS difficult, but I find it pretty easy. King Cobra is really testing my limits right now. LOL. I hope my hand survives it. As for the one handed spring ... nope, “not even close to learning it. Soooo hard.” Smile Smile
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
575 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I never seem to tire reading about this age-old debate because it just goes on and on and on. What is most amusing to me is how people just don't accept that there are different schools of thought. Remember in SHAKES THE CLOWN how all the clowns hated mimes and they would beat on them every time they had the chance? That reminds me a lot of threads like this. Thanks for the entertainment fellers.

Oh, in my humble opinion, sybil is in no way as integral to magic as the DL. That's like saying CG effects are integral to good movies. When was the last time you NEEDED to do a sybil cut to achieve a magical effect?

The hardest flourish? The one-foot riffle shuffle, especially with a sweaty foot and a sticky deck of Hoyles.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
LOL. I bet De'vo can do SYBIL with his feet and a sticky Hoyle deck! (As well as foot cobra.)
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2002-10-01 12:01, Jim Morton wrote:
The most difficult sleight in the world is the one you can't do. Smile

Jim

Yeah, right.

Quote:
On 2003-09-18 22:34, phantomace wrote:
Back to the subject: Probably the one handed spring, or De'vo's King Cobra!

I stick with those 2 too.

Bone. Smile

Quote:
On 2003-09-23 18:49, Jordini wrote:
LOL. I bet De'vo can do SYBIL with his feet and a sticky Hoyle deck! (As well as foot cobra as well.)

LOL, how about stick the card or the deck on your tongue and shake it. It's something called LAMBADA. LOL. Smile

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
LOL BONE!! I have a friend who does a trick where a card is selected and kissed by a woman. (Big lipstick mark…) Then he has someone onstage, and they have to stick their tongue out. He fans the cards and rubs them against the volunteer's tongue, and asks them to remember it. (LOL) He then sticks the pack in their mouth, and hits it with a WHIP!!! (An actual whip, very, very scary.) All the cards fly everywhere except for one left on your tongue... the selected card. It sounds like just your kind of trick bone!! LOL
As for the topic, the double crossed fire, upside-down wind king cobra packet switch would be the hardest thing EVER!!!!!
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
I have been working at a bar that has a flair bartender. (He juggles the bottles while making the drinks.) So I took a move done with a bottle, and started doing it with cards. (Out of the box, No rubber band... completely free.) Toss the cards around your back, over your shoulder as the cards comes over you catch them on the same hand that tossed them (on the back of the hand.) Then pop them up, turn your hand over and catch them on the same arm but on the forearm. After this pop them forward turning them over into your hand now waiting face up. This will take you a few times to get. Any questions PM and I'll answer them.

Thanks for listening
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Flair bartending has always impressed me.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I like when they throw a bottle behind their back and catch it on another bottle! Anyway, I've been playing around with tossing the cards behind my back and catching them. (I've got the toss down, but I can only catch them about 3/4 times.)
TOBIAS
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle Magic
221 Posts

Profile of TOBIAS
Hey Jordini,

If you talk to me I can walk you thru the hard part. It is all in how you hold the cards. Send me a PM. The catch on the back of the hand is hard if they are not flat to start with. After that the rest is just a knack.

Good Luck guys.

Please don't pull out your hair.

Smile
Be true to your art, and it will be true to you
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
That's called "flipback juggling" and has been done a lot by the handlordz guys.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Oh....On the back of the hand? I wasn't even thinking about that. I mean just catching them normally. WOW I should try to catch them on the back of my hand. That would be awesome!! I'm gonna go try that now! Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » World's most difficult flourish. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL