The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cockatoos and sparrows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
With Robert "Baretta" Blake being acquitted, will anyone be using a white cockatoo again? Or perhaps you're "keeping your on the sparrow"?

Just wondering.

DD

Make that "your EYE on the sparrow"

Now let's move on.
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I've been out of the country for a while, what did I miss? I don't understand, did his bird attack someone, or did HE kill someone?

Dave
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
879 Posts

Profile of sperris
I don't watch tv nor get an incoming reception for the past year and a half so I don't get it either...
DANSPERRY.COM
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I read about this but don't see what relevence this guy has to the post. Apparently this guy was a big TV star and he was accused of killing his wife with a gun in 1997. The case has just finished and he was "not guilty"

I've found out that in one of his TV shows he a bird of some sort.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Aw, yes, Baretta. The bird. He was imported into the country and trained, as a wild caught bird. The bird is still alive today, in fact I believe Stan Kramien owns it. It happens to be a cockatoo... still not sure of the relevence...
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Is there any reason why we shouldn't use a white cockatoo. I really would like to know the reason behind the post-DD.

Nick
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
It was a bad, bad joke. And probably only accessible to Americans over 40. The show Baretta (which Blake starred in) featured a pet white cockatoo and a theme song containing the lyric "keep your eye on the sparrow"

I will now return to being a middle-aged guy with a love of trivia.

DD
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Cheers, glad we got that cleared up.
Nick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Cockatoos and sparrows (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL