The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Simon Lovell Ambitious Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Genie Mag included a DVD ( very clever ) of Simon's Ambitious Card. Well, some of it. It has hidden stuff on it ( Easter eggs ). Anyone find them?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
295 Posts

Profile of Kingman
I would like to know this as well. I was given the magazine by a friend, but no subsequent issues which were supposed to have the secrets. I would love to see the bonus material.
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
RogueMD
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of RogueMD
Have you tried opening it on a computer.
Usually this will show ALL the material on a disc.
Hope this helps.
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
Egg #1:

On the main menu highlite the first row that says "ambitious card part 1" and press up on your remote. Then press play and Simon Lovell will demonstrate and teach the "Swift poker deal".

egg #2:

Go to the submenu for magikmakers other dvds. Highlite the upper left menu about Romhany. Press up. Press play. That gives you a secret menu where Ben Salinas explains a spoonbending routine.

I haven't found how to access the other eggs from the menu but do as RougeMD suggests and open the disc in your computer. The vobfiles are numbered.

vst_01_0 contains the animated menus including the secret menus (only the menus! You can't access anything from here)

vst_01_1 contains Rob Stiffs introduction to the disc.

vst_02_1 contains the ambitious card sequences accessible from the main menu

vst_03_1 contains the trailers for other Magi kMakers dvds accessible from the main menu.

vst_04_01 contains the Double drop from Simon Lovells gambling dvd (easter egg)

vst_05_01 contains the wedge shuffle from the shuffles and cuts dvd (easter egg)

vst_06_01 contains the aforementioned spoonbending routine with Ben Salinas (easter egg)

vst_07_01 contains excerpts (sp?) from Do you want to learn magic with Rob Stiff (easter egg)

vst_08_01 contains the aforementioned Swift poker deal with Simon Lovell (easter egg)

Well, that's all I could find by using the explorer.

Now immediately forget all this and go to your dvdplayer and pretend you are Robert Langdon and start experimenting. It's much more fun than just reading from a cheat sheet, don't you think?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
What issue was this?
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I think it was November or December 2005, but I'll double check that.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
As I remember, each month Genii came out, another easter egg was announced. I have 5 total easter eggs and I know I didn't get them from my computer.

The 5 I know of are as follows:
1. when the main menu appears, the ambitious card part 1 will be highlighted in yellow. Press up once,then enter- to access Allan Swift's Poker Deal.

2. Preview menu, highlight "main menu". Press down, right, enter to access Uri Geller's silverware bend and break.

3. main menu- highlight "ambitious card part 3 explained". Press right, down, left, enter- to access the double drop.

4. Preview other magic DVDs, play preview for Romaine DVD.When Romaine throws cards in the air ( near end of clip ) press menu- to access Simon Lovell explanation of wedge false shuffle.

5. play preview " million dollar monte ". Near the end of preview you will hear Theadore DeLand's name mentioned- Rob Stiff's explanation of ancient mental card divination.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Simon Lovell Ambitious Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL