The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » March Madness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Just wondering if anyone out there is in a office pool for NCAA March Madness? Round #1 is almost over....just curious who is your pick to win it all and how are you fairing the first round? I CAN'T BELIEVE Alabama lost to UWM! Only 1 person got that one from our pool and she picked them because she is from Wisconsin!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Everyone around here picked UWM. Smile

I'm doing ok, lost 4 teams so far but I had them all losing in the next round so I'm not dead yet. I picked Illinois to win it all but NC may be the best team in the Tourney.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Every one I know is picking WVU in an upset over Wake Forest (man oh man if it only did).

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Hey Scott whats up? I'm loving those DVD's. Maybe UWM and WVU will meet in the Semi's....Yeah right. LOL

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
Stupid March Madness. UNM out in the first round to Villanova. Now I've got to sulk around the house all day, while watching basketball until my eyes fall out of course Smile
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I got Kansas to win the tournament.
and also am willing to admit it here that I picked G. Washington to upset Ga Tech. tonight.
By the way, I also picked the WVU upset over WF.
We'll see.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-18 18:09, GlenD wrote:
By the way, I also picked the WVU upset over WF.
We'll see.

GlenD

Nice pick there Glen!

Scott

P.S. Vandy, glad to hear your likin' the dvds Smile .
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
mikeflex
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of mikeflex
I picked Illinois to win it all - shaky but so far, so good!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I can't believe Syracuse got upset! This tournament is insane! I'm still sitting in the middle in our office pool. I'm hoping to go up with Duke, UNC, Illinois and Wake Forest for a few rounds.....please no more upsets...but that would take the fun out of it now wouldn't it!?
Brian-
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I'm screwed!
I think I will just kind of disappear from this topic now (maybe work on my psychic abilities some more)!

Later

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Gonzaga....you're killing me! That's ok because I didn't pick them past the 2nd round anyhow. I'm not sitting on the bench yet!
Brian-
Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
I'm actually happy about the Gonzaga thing, my sister-in-law goes to Tech and is a freaking Red Raider fanatic. If it couldn't be my team I guess I'm just going to stick with the family loyalties...but then there is a stirring memory from childhood...I used to be a huge Washington Huskies fan...
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Hey guys,

I am freaking out right now! Im watching the WVU vs. Wake Forest game. WVU is up by 100-94 and playing the hell out of themselves. 3 minutes and 14 seconds left in double overtime! Gotta see how this one plays out!

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
WVU Wins! OMG! Someone pinch me! OMG!

111-105 in double overtime! Doesn't get any better then that.
Thanks! Scott B.

Grimm
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Grimm
My Bracket is ruined and in shambles, this tournament is crazy. I think I need a sedative now.......or need to call my best friend and talk about the tournament...TT playing WVU, this should be interesting...
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I only had WF through round 2 so I'm still not done yet.....I'll definitely need some love from Duke, ILL, UNC and Wash. in order to remotely have a chance though. This has definitely been one of the CRAZIEST tournaments yet!
Brian-
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Since UCONN is out I think I'll sit the bench, lick my wounds and go home now.
Brian-
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-03-19 23:52, Grimm wrote:
My Bracket is ruined and in shambles, this tournament is crazy. I think I need a sedative now.......or need to call my best friend and talk about the tournament...TT playing WVU, this should be interesting...

If WVU beats TT, and Washington wins, then WVU CAN beat Washington (but not Louisville) and you would see WVU in the final four.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » March Madness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL