The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Go for chop cup? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

C.Jakobsson
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
118 Posts

Profile of C.Jakobsson
Hi!
I'm developing my street routine... and right now it consists of a rope routine and a bill in lemon routine, plus a few attention getters. I have been looking into adding the cups and balls but I m o I don't feel confortable performing it. Somehow it is just not me. I think the chop cup would be better for my character. Is chop cup a good thing to do in the streets? Easy to pull of sorunded? One of the advantages I see is that the misdirection for the final load will be easier since I only have to have two loads. I think this would be easier if I'm surrounded than having five loads. What do you think?
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Kozmo ends his shows with a chop cup. If it works for him, it should work for you. As long as you have an effect that involves audience interaction and you feel comfortable with, and it enables you to GTFM, then go for it!

Forgot to add, if you are looking for a killer chop cup/dice stacking cup, contact Frank at http://www.theambitiouscard.com His stuff is simply killer. Tell him I sent you!
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
I've used the chop cup for years and it's allways a killer. my final load is too big to fit in the cup so it is an eye opener. of course I don't claim to be the first or last person to end like that. I Have used it with a lemon as a final load then keep the lemon in full view the rest of the show. thus the opener for a bill to lemon AFTER the lemon came into view.
enjoy!
Joe comet
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
I used to close with the chop cup. Its a great trick! Its very appropriate for the streets. Go for it!
lionboy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of lionboy
Can anyone who uses the chop cup routine point me in the right direction on a video or routine to look into??

Cheers
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Stephane Bourgoin has produced a "Dice Chop Cup" that you could look into. I use it to good effect, but plan to replace it soon with something else. If you go with the material exactly as presented, it's a gambling routine that ends with you showing a roll of money. As a closer, you could drop that into your hat as a demonstration of what the crowd is then supposed to do.

Disclaimer:
I am not a worker, so that may not be the best advice...so take it with a grain of salt.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I don't understand your theory. Just because there is 2 final loads, does not mean that they are easier to perform, or that the misdirection is easier. The chop cup is a great tool, and can mold around just about any street character.

Get the Don Allen Chop cup Routine, and your on your way to performing some great stuff. I'd get an inexpensive cup, but leather. The leather will keep the cup from having a conversation with your final loads. Inexpensive because all cups accomplish the same thing. The more expensive ones are just nice for formal settings. Look at Franks cups on his website- those are nice.

HAVE FUN!!!
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
Franks cups are nice! They are a little small for my taste though. I use the generic one from Cananda...I think its Morrissy.

My routine is based on Larry Jennings, which is a very good one. It uses a silk and shot glass...a little proppy for walkaround, but good for the street.

Slightly changing the subject, but I have never fully agreed with myself on the question of whether its a good idea to use the chop cup final load for bill in lemon.

One of me thinks its a nice narrative flow, and the other thinks it muddys both effects.
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
If I were busking I don't think that I would use mini cups. I would look for something more visible. I've never had a problem with Morrissey products though. They've always seemed really good quality for a very reasonable price.

Disclaimer:
I am not a worker, so that may not be the best advice...so take it with a grain of salt.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I've got the mini-cup. It's very nice to work with and looks like a metal brandy snifter. (I'm working on some presentation regarding "leprachan's whiskey goblet" but it's uphill work.)

I'm concerned about the little cork balls. One, will they even be seen and two will they blow away first time I try to use them?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Go for chop cup? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL