The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Artificial Body Parts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Can anyone direct me to a good source of realistic/non horror/flesh colored female arms both right and left
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
They are very expensive, but try looking at medical supplies. There are all manner of models available.

You may want to contact Ryan at Illusion Entertainment - they have worked with animatronics before and can do custom work.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
If you got the time you may want to check into theatrical latex/plaster casting! Just a thought!

Robert
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Check out Ebay, I found 37 pages of Mannequins ... I think you might find what your looking for at a decent price.

Robert Jones
MRJPRO.c
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Your best bet would be an experienced make-up effects artist. Realistic body parts are not cheap though. Latex (liquid and foam) deteriorates over time, yellows quite quickly and becomes really stiff. Some of the new silicones available are very good and they stay in shape much longer (well, some do. I´ve worked with Skinflex and it yellows) and they have amazing translucensy to them, but silicone is really hard to paint.

You might check your local make-up people or some trade journal, like Cinefex and look for make-up FX companies.
Sent from my Typewriter
magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
Great for the ideas so far. I will definately look at some of these sources you mentioned
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Artificial Body Parts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL