The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk in balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
I currently use a small crochet hook to pull tip of silk thru side of balloon to prepare it. Unfortunatly, this is hard on the silk and they start to develop holes in the corner where I hook on. I really like being able to "create the illusion that you are seeing the impossable, no one can pull a silk hankerchief out of a balloon w/out the KaBoom".

Any suggestions as to how to load it w/out making holes?

Thanks,
Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
I have always put it thru the balloon hole itself and tw*****g the bal at that location for the concealment....
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I think Bruce talked about the after effect of silk in balloon. He will remove the silk from the balloon afterward. Jo-Ann sell some fabric tape that you can cut a small piece and iron on the corner of the silk that you poke the hole through. I think it will help to reduce the damage to the silk.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Knmagic,
You hit it on the head. I will look for the tape to reinforce the corner.

Thanks,
Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
Glad that I could help. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Mehdi Talbi video has a very good easy method for loading the silk on the balloon. This is produced by Camirand Academy of Magic. It has some other good magic as well, so the investment is worth it.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 18:33, wmhegbli wrote:
The Mehdi Talbi video has a very good easy method for loading the silk on the balloon. This is produced by Camirand Academy of Magic. It has some other good magic as well, so the investment is worth it.

Does this method allow the silk to be drawn out of the tied off balloon?

Thanks,
Bruce
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
He didn't do that but it doesn't mean you can't. Very clever method to load the silk before hand. I trade an Osborne illusion book for that tape and I still think it's worth it. If you can't get a hold of one, let me know.
Ken
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The tape is available from the company mentioned or Hocus-Pocus Magic. No, this is the standard silk in balloon. Burst the balloon to remove it.
GEMINI
View Profile
Regular user
WA, USA
193 Posts

Profile of GEMINI
Quote:
On 2005-03-22 17:45, Mr. Fitzwilly wrote:
I have always put it thru the balloon hole itself and tw*****g the bal at that location for the concealment....

Thanks Mr. Fitzwilly, good idea!

Sam
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
You can do a fake silk through balloon effect. First to offer to teach. Use a dark balloon then pop it and bam the silk appears. Then use a loaded clear balloon make it look like you have it against your hand then remove your hand and the silk falls throught the balloon.The same principle used in The animated card throught balloon of death by Kevin James.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk in balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL