The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl's 3 Card Monte DVD or Sal Piacente Expert Card Magic Lecture notes DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Hi,

I saw some reviews on these DVDs from Daryl and Sal Piacente, and seems that most are positive.

The reason I am asking this again is a already have Sal Piacente's 3 Card Monte DVD, Daryl's Ambitiuos Card Routine dvd. I can do most of the material in those 2 DVDs pretty well. I just ordered Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card sleights DVDs.

With what I have in hand, should I also get Daryl's 3 card monte DVD or Sal Piacente's Expert Card Magic Lecture Notes DVD?

Thanks
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Get the S4S DVD on the Three-Card Monte. It is much, much more informative. Trust me.
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
If you have sals or daryl's the next MUST be Whit's - Whit's would be the definitive work daryl will probably only cover stuff that was in Sal's although it does include several gimmicked version you can make yourself...
catch you later

Clarioneer
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
Go with Sal's. I HIGHLY recommend any stuff from Sal, as he goes into great detail in explaining. And he's one of the best.
Cheers,
Michael
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Quote:
On 2005-03-23 20:46, ImpromptuBoy wrote:
Go with Sal's. I HIGHLY recommend any stuff from Sal, as he goes into great detail in explaining. And he's one of the best.
Cheers,
Michael

Whit IS the best and has the greatest knowledge about these scams - what you will get from Whit's is just about everything about the 3 card monte that exists - this information will provide you with enough information to create the patter or choose the patter that most suits your style. With Sal or Daryl you will see their style and their patter only... go to his site and look at the treatise on 3 card monte (included on the DVD) it includes some sample information - I hope you will find it as fascinating as did I - just knowing a few of the names of the original scam artists will enhance your entertainment value when peforming your routine... Canada Bill, Charles 'Doc' Baggs et al....
catch you later

Clarioneer
Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Hi,

Thanks for the info.
I have checked S4S, and there's really a lot of information.
But it's a 2 DVD set!
My budget's kind of tight.
Anyone here could sell me a used copy?
I guess I'll post a request in the trade section Smile
I guess I'll get Daryl's DVDs later too anyways.
I like 3 card monte so much, I'll probably get everything on it.
Then work on my own style

Philip
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The Sal Piacente lecture notes do not go into the three card monte at all. So, in answer to your question regarding the two DVD's that you mentioned in the heading of this post, I would say this;

A) If you are looking for more info on the three card monte, then do as people here have suggested and get the S4S set.

B) If you are looking for other types of card material and routines then I can recommend the Piacente lecture notes.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Hi guys,

Thanks.
I know that the Sal Piacente Lecture notes are pretty good and are not related to 3 card monte. But I kind of like his style.

I just wanted to know whether the Daryl DVD have more info that the Piacente ones.
I guess I got my answer here already. S4S has to be the better one.

Then I think I will forget about the Daryl DVD for the time being.
And get S4S or Piacente ones.
I like both of these DVDs, in terms of the content.
It's hard to make a decision. Smile

Philip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daryl's 3 Card Monte DVD or Sal Piacente Expert Card Magic Lecture notes DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL