The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Cacoon Display and Killer Birdy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
I made to videos tell me how you like em both give me some feedback the killer birdy fan close was pretty pathetic I was rushing which I shouldnt. here it is http://www.syndrome.us/jundisplay.wmv that's the display

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=75948 heres the link to the 2ndone hope you guys like it ive only been flourishing for 3 and half months so give me a break lol o yea I will make a video with tudor and bucks stuff once I get a digital camera.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
I had trouble getting the second one, can we download it, or is it only streamable ??

Haven't watched first one yet.

Thanks for posting vids
maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
Actually thw 2nd one is messed up you can find the 2nd one on magic video depot its called killer birdy give me feedback on how you think it is
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Needs a bit of work (The display) the opener took long, plus you failed to get the last packet out. It needs to have a faster opener. Plus think about which packets you really want there, now I looks like "Lets see how many packets we can get out till I'm totally stuck".

I'd love to see you close that one without dropping cards.

Work on it a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
rkzad
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
138 Posts

Profile of rkzad
You should try some displays with much less packets, and work on making them smooth. That'll do yourself more good. You don't need that many packets, and in my opinion as you try to get too many packets it's just going to get boring.

Big displays of many packets in itself are not impressive unless they form an actual shape. Even then they should be formed smoothly and artfully. Otherwise it doesn't matter how many packets you're holding. On an off note, this is what annoys me about people who have little tiny 0.5 seconds clips of a finished display, or display pictures of these ginormous all over the place displays giving you a false impression.

Also, you also may be better off using a real version of a song rather than using a version copied off the radio that's littered with world exclusive pitches. The reason radio stations do that is so the copies from the radio aren't good!

I'm sorry if the post comes off a bit negative, but I've just seen a lot of this from people and I've been holding it in Smile
- richard
maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
Thank you guys harwin can you pm me I need some advice from you
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
One major key in the video to that you should change. Never EVER EVER use music that is new today. That song gets outplayed so much. I like 50 but I cant stand that song. Try to pick something a little older. Try to find some cool music people don't hear all the time. I agree with harwin. It does look a little slow. Nice display as long as you can get it a little faster and a lot smoother.

Keep up the good work though.
thanks for sharing.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
50 sucks, gosh darn it, if you're playing 50 I might not even bother to watch it

I guess I'll grin and bare it
kxxcheng
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of kxxcheng
I can barely open up five packets so I don't know how qualified I am to give feedback, but aside from the issues already addressed (shape, speed, etc), your body looked overly tense once you opened up the display, especially the shoulders. It may have been how high you were holding it, while keeping your elbows high. And I thought it was kind of weird that you opened your mouth when you pivoted off your chin... not quite sure why you did that?
Karen
maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
Lol well cheng your right it was kinda tough cause I have a web cam and I'm 6.2 so I had to duck very low cause my web cam doesn't adjust. srry about that yea it was very hard 2 mkae cause it was ducked down I will fix that next time for the mouth thing yea it was very weird. I was going 2 add a chin packet but once I was going to a yawned so I didn't bother to ruin it. But yes I will fix the speed thank you for all your inpput
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Keppel, Amen to that.

A guy I know actually used the ketchup song (Las Ketchup) WHen it was playing like most. I closed the video immediality and told him to find a better song or I wouldn't watch it. Smile

Some rap is ok, as long as its not stuff I hear on MTV every day.

I liked rap before much, now I like Trip hop, Rock and Ambient Rock more.

Great stuff boiz.
Tricky all the way.

And the tense part Karen mentioned, I have looked on some of my older videos and I see how *** tense I am. Smile It was the same while doing magic.

I have tried to be more relaxed and stuff lately and it works a lot better that way and it looks better too.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Here is a good suggestion. NEVER EVER FILM INFRONT OF A WINDOW DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!

I don't really know what to say about the display, it seemed a bit slow and you looked like you were struggling. We didn't see you start from a closed deck either, that kind of makes it shadey if you ask me. If you can't start from a closed deck then your display is pointless.

Work on your flow.
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Small thing to add.

Good point Lonnie, it would be 10 times nicer if you start from a closed deck, was smoother and produced LESS packets and then closed it nicely. That would be a lot better then trying to get those extra packets. It sort of like the testimonial on the Bucks dvd with P wilson. When he's like "I stayed up all night, trying to get one more packet between my fingers, under my chin, up my a s s "

Hahhah, that was funny a shiznit too.

Do you see the point though, its not that you have 138 packets. Its that you did it all smooth and flowed with your art.

The one and only
Kepp
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
maji_jun
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of maji_jun
THank you kepp yes I understand totally you guys have really given me some good adive next video I make I will follow all your intructions thanks all
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Cacoon Display and Killer Birdy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL