The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tradition. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
In true Theatrical tradition,,, David Straitjacket escapologist supreme who has escaped from many restraints both above the ground and beneath the sea,,,,,has managed to "break a leg" while playing soccer in his Street.

Ha ha ha,,,, !! Sorry David, couldn`t resist it.

Still, hope you get back to normal soon and don`t loose too much work over this.

NB,,,,to Davids pre booked clients,,I can be contacted via my site and I hate soccer !!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David Get Well Soon. and when we said Break a Leg for setting The Records. We Didn't mean for you to take us Seriously. even if it has been months since you set them.
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
Oochie, bad luck, David! Hope it heals up quickly, being out injured sucks; the only time I've ever been properly depressed was when I was making my living as a jobbing pianist, developed tendonitis (just before the xmas season, which made it worse) and was left suddenly unable to earn a living. Still, pro (and daredevil) that you are I know you'll be back up again before long.

It is funny how the most impressive injuries always seem to come from mundane things. My most impressive scar is on my right knuckle and came from.. wait for it.. doing the washing up. Meanwhile potentially impressive scars from more interesting activities, including the cool burn I got on my upper arm from doing single stick helicopters with a fire devilstick, healed up perfectly, without a trace. It's not fair, I tells yer!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Heal, David! Be sure it's better, before you resume fully working it again. This job adds up residual injuries too easily, over the years.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Ken, you are a git Smile A pretty *** funny one though mate Smile I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read your post.

Actually, its not my leg, its my knee. One of the kids on the street, big, 16, full of testosterone, ran straight into me while my foot was planted firmly on the ground. He hit my knee hard and it bent the wrong way, quite far as it happens. Seven hours in casualty was enough for me to be told that the knee itself isn't broken, though it was obviously dislocated, but I will have to wait a week for the swelling to go down a bit before they can properly assess the damage to the tendon, ligaments and cartilage. So we shall see Smile

Thanks for the kind words and advice guys, I am about to take more painkillers and have my second try at some physio exercises, so any posts I make later will likely be a little slurred. These pills are plenty strong.

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
David,

You know what Hunter S. Thompson would do with the pills...go light for a few days, then have a "party."

Just kidding folks, best wishes for a speedy recovery, David!

Yours,

Paul
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
953 Posts

Profile of Riley
David

Hope you'll be better in time for the UKEA meeting on April 9th.

I can get you a crutch and a parrott if really necessary Smile

(An' you thought Ken was a git!!!) Smile

Seriously, get well soon.

Riley
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Riley

As I said in another thread, I will be in London on that morning anyway, so I should be ak for the meet even if I am hobbling.

I have crutches already, but I might take you up on the parrot. Ahh.. jim lad, pieces of eight...pieces of eight...

Just a thought. You know what's ironic. The football match was intended as a health improving break from writing a risk assessment!
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
953 Posts

Profile of Riley
Smile

Mick Hanzlik will be presenting his illustrated Houdini presentation -- looking forward to that.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1494 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi David, Bad news! I hope you recover quickly. A 200 feet fall down a cliff and you survive and save two others but on the ground you get run over by kid. Isn't fact stranger than fiction. All the best.

Ian
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
A risk assessment break...you can't write better comedy, eh?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
David,

So sorry to hear about your injury! Hope you heal well and fast. Next time someone greets you with, "Break a leg!" Tell them, "No thanks! Been there, done that!"

Clyde
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Thanks again guys Smile

One positive thing is the doctor told me there is a chance that only the muscles have been injured, and that almost everything else may have taken the impact without to much damage. Its an outside chance, but a possibility. If so I have struck lucky, and I might just be down for a couple of weeks.

The only thing I know for sure right now is that the fluid sack in the knee is ruptured, but that bit should heal by itself if all goes well. Everything else is up in the air. One of the kids who was there said to me today that my leg bent the wrong way about 45 degrees, then it went sideways about the same. It snapped back straight as I hit the ground and then I grabbed it and pulled the knee back into alignment to relocate the knee joint. Then I lay there in pure agony for a while!

Anyway, it might be the painkillers talking, but I have been walking (very carefully and slowly) without the crutches, and I have a feeling that my guardian angel might have stepped in Smile And not for the first time!

I got the risk assessment finished this afternoon Harley. I hate writing those things.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
David-

So sorry about what happened!!! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Allan
Bretigan
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee
102 Posts

Profile of Bretigan
Wow, how quickly things can happen. You will be in my prayers. Smile

Bret
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Yeah, they are a bother. It never ends, this having to prove that we can do what we say we can do, when it flies in the face of so many limited imaginations.

If it was any other way, we wouldn't be making a living at what we love.

www.bladewalker.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
David

Sorry to hear about your injury man. At least you have a sense of humour about it.
Tell that kid that he is supposed to kick the "BALL" not the guy with the ball.

Hope you have a speedy recovery bud.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
David will pull thru. and I'm sure he'll be better then ever.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hey Guys

Everyone is so nice Smile People seem more worried about my knee than I am!

Yep, I have a sense of humour about this, I have a sense of humour about most things. Whats the point of worrying about it? I am either down for a few weeks if I have struck lucky, or I am down for a few months if I need anything operated on. Either way, there are people with FAR bigger problems. So who am I to complain.

The only thing that is annoying me is I can't rehearse my underwater escape right now Smile Still, plenty of paperwork to catch up on.

Cheers everyone

David

My Website
Add me on facebook
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
David, best wishes from me as well.

Robin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tradition. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL