The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ace Assembly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
I love performing Ace assemblies or any other effect where cards are separated and all end up in the same pile. Do any of you have any favorite methods or routines in this category? (preferably with un-gaffed cards) My favorite one is Shipwrecked from 21st Century Card Magic by James Swain. Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Mike Skinner's Sentimental Aces and Larry Jenning's version of Mc'Donald's Aces. (Even though it uses gaffs). Anyways, those are my two personal favorites.

Take care,

Dorian Rhodell
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Personal favorites:

1) Open Travelers

2) Stencel Aces

3) L.S.D. Aces (Wesley James)

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Leeo
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
99 Posts

Profile of Leeo
Peter Kane's Jazz Aces is a good effect and fairly easy to perform. I found it in Jerry Mentzer's Packet Tricks.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Non-gimmicked versions:

Queens Debate

Jazz Ace

Gimmicked Versions:

A Dream of Aces
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Peter Kane's Jazz Aces is tops in my book.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
DaveVegas
View Profile
New user
Leicester,England
89 Posts

Profile of DaveVegas
I like solo flight aces in Expert card technique (page 254); always has a big impact on the audience.

Smile to me! 35 today!!
magisher
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of magisher
I like Jazz aces and Shipwrecked, too. If any of you guys (and girls) read Visions, Great Scott has a cool one on there called Coeur de Lane assembly, where there is an instant repeat. I learned it, and it’s been getting lots of great reactions.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
My favourite ungaffed versions are Gerald Kosky’s One At A Time Aces, A Wagner version from a Harris book, possibly in his own too (in the latter two the spectators think they’ve seen the faces of all the cards placed on the aces. In Kosky’s you show the aces arriving one at a time. Also Ackermann’s Re-Assembled Finale where the cards fly back (but he uses queens rather than aces).

For those of you that like MacDonald’s I used an ungaffed version by Nash some years ago that tries to duplicate the cleaness of it, but is only really suitable for larger audiences. His books have recently been re-published. He has a great presentational touch that I use with MacDonald’s.

For MacDonalds I apparently have the aces selected by spectators, but switch via a Vernon strip out so they think they have seen the backs of the aces initially. I also use a different vanish for each packet (a Krenzel concept) but more or less the Mary Wolf handling from one of the Mendoza books.

Some of the newer assemblies mentioned by others here I have not come across but if you check out some of the stuff mentioned I am sure you will find it worth your while.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Anyone interested in my "Coeur d' Alene Assembly" may email for the routine. Based on a John Bannon routine from "Mirage," I have done away with the extra card--only four jokers and twelve red cards are used, there are no gaffs, and there is an instant and simultaneous repeat. Plus, it's pretty easy to do!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile Smile Smile

Happy Belated Birthday Dave! Smile

Hope it was a GREAT one! Smile

:birthday: Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile

Smile Smile Smile

:birthday: Smile Smile Smile

Mya Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Paul S
View Profile
New user
Scotland UK
100 Posts

Profile of Paul S
How about Vernon's Slow Motion Aces from Stars of Magic? Two versions, one 'easier' the other advanced...Anybody get these down? I just do the Francis Carlyle one from Royal Road. Gaff wise, I think Bod K's Aces in their Faces is rather good. You can do other routines with the gaffs in the deck when you get comfortable with them, like the Hofzinser plot, or a variation of.

Paul S.
Tilt
View Profile
Veteran user
L.A.
387 Posts

Profile of Tilt
Modern Jazz Aces by Darwin Ortiz is a good one.

Tilt
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
My favorite Ace Assemblies are the MacDonald's Aces (using the laydown sequence from Pallbearers Review by Stuart Judah) and Modern Jazz Aces by Darwin Ortiz.
ME
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I like The Ace Assembly routine from "Sleight of Dave" by Dave Williamson.
Also Jazz Aces.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
MagicalChris
View Profile
New user
Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of MagicalChris
I recently got Lee Asher's 5 Card Stud, and he teaches an ace production called Thunderbird which is great. I highly suggest the video.

-Chris
sw'sfan
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sw'sfan
I love Excelsis from The Vernon Chronicles Vol. 1
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
you might like reverse assembly handling from
Ken Simons book, Riffling the pasteboards.

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Not come across that Dave, but I do like the reverse assembly plot for aces or coins.

Best wishes,
Paul Hallas
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Paul,

I have one of two left if you like.

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Ace Assembly (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL