The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » English restaurant magicans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Hi Guys,

Thansk for setting me staright. Paula do you perform under the name Fay Presto? I think I may have see you on Emmerdale Farm a few years ago if so.

To the guys that used to work in a TGI then I'm sorry it has cime to an end for you. I guess TGI would eb the perfect place for magic because people there are going to have FUN..LOL.

m@t were you on Faking It? Tonight swallowing a ballon? If so you were very good. I'm glad that you did a magic gig for a console. I bet that was good.

Jon I hope you keep your gig at Old orleans even if you get cut from TGI. You deserve to have an opportunity to show your magic.

Cheers,

Chris.
m@t
View Profile
Loyal user
London, UK www.MatthewLaskey.com
250 Posts

Profile of m@t
Nope wasnt on Faking It- ive never heard of any of the 4 'other real magicians' on the show. I do do the balloon swallow though in my street busk act!
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
I think the TGI Fridays in watford, or somewhere near has a magician on saturday nights.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Ben I like yr website. JS and GM seem to really like your magic. I hope one day I can see your magic so as you can add CJ.

Criss
Thundercats are go
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
I know a magician who works the TGI Fridays in Swansea I believe the area is. It's quite new and he quit his job to become a magician. He's a nice guy to talk to, but I've never met him.

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
TGI fridys seem quite interested in magicians, ive heard of numerous magicians working in TGI's (in the uk) and while in my local TGI's I asked if they were interested in using a table magician, and they sounded very promising towards hiring me (touch wood!).
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
Thanks chris
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Np ben..

AC Magic do you no if that magician is stewart watkings? I think his website is http://www.livemagic.co.uk

Criss
Gilbert had a lot of snot
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
No, the magician is a bloke called Richard Stone.

His website is http://www.interactivemagic.co.uk

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
The magician who first got me into magic three years ago has told me he has some restaurant work available in the capital and I may do some work there in the spring. I'll let you know what happens if you are interested.
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Thank you ac I have never heard of richard stone he seems ok. Niko this is exciting news about you geting a preforming magic break in the capitol. May I ask who was the magician who first got you interested in magic 3 years ago?

Criss
silly old sagpuss
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of jezza
Quote:
On 2005-03-26 15:58, gandalf wrote:
I'm finding it very hard to get into a UK restaurant! No one wants me - am I that bad!!!!

No its not that you are bad ,
I have approached restaurants when I 1st started and to be honest some places look at you like you are mad as they have never ever heard of a magician in a restaurant and to be honest in uk it seems to be like that ,some places think the last thing they want when they are eating is some magician pestering their customers while they are eating .
I have never seen a restaurant magician anywhere and I have been to a lot of restaurants in uk and abroad .
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
I work TGI Friday's (Croydon) as a bartender, I often do magic, but that's not why I'm there (truth is working in a magic shop... full time job... you miss seeing the female of the species...). Story is that Friday's did this big scheme called "Putting the magic back" where they were trying to make the restaurant more entertaining. The bartenders who didn't flair had to, the dubs had to do crazy carries, and they got a Saturday night magician in. Then Friday's decided this cost far too much for their ever slimming budget and cut out the magician. My manager thought he could get me to do it for standard rate... huh?? Perhaps not!

As for London, I know a few guy's who are working the West End clubs, China White's and so forth. Plus a few guys doing restaurants. They are out there, but they are a bit slim.

Paul
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Paul the jester who are the magicians in the west end that YOU know of to be working in the nihgtclubs, called chinawhites etc. I really want to see magi gigging and I wouldn be prepapred to take a trip up west and splash the cash to witness the magic.

Criss
I have the energy of ten tigers
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Derren Brown used to do it in Bristol at a restaurant called Byzantium and I believe they still have a magician, although on the two or three occasions when I have been there, he wasn't.
Jolyon Jenkins
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I herd there was a magician called chris coxx and a nervos guy who had to go into a self help programme. they used to work at that byz place.

criss
away you go
mag1c kev1n
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of mag1c kev1n
Richard Roberts used to have a big black thing on his ear, now it has gone. I wonder where it went.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Quote:
On 2006-01-26 15:12, Flec wrote:
TGI fridys seem quite interested in magicians, ive heard of numerous magicians working in TGI's (in the uk) and while in my local TGI's I asked if they were interested in using a table magician, and they sounded very promising towards hiring me (touch wood!).
Which TGI's was it? I have been resident at Birmingham Hagley Road for two years.
jonno38
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jonno38
Hi, I'm a magician from scotland and also have the problem of getting new restaurant work, I do magic in an indian restaurant at the moment,
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Magic in curry houses is very popular. I suggest you aproach more indians and sugest magic as an magical appetiser to the main event.

Criss
Lets have it optimus prime
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » English restaurant magicans (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL