The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ring flight (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 01:08, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Ok then, Whit, where can you find the S4S clip?

http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com Look under the Chef Anton items.
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Comet
Quote:
On 2005-03-24 18:11, Pete Biro wrote:
Golly, you mean you haven't seen "Just in Case" ??? The perfect, NO REEL, version for strolling or STAGE. Yes, Seabrooke uses it on stage.

http://www.porperoriginals.com

WOW I just visited the proper site and now I have to start saveing my pennies. I've been looking for a site with a few of these things on it for quite some time. I have a friend who still has a mercedes bends key but we can't find any for sale anymore I think Just A Key would work just fine.
thanks!
Joe comet
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Geatan Bloom also have a ring flight that dosn't use a reel. very clean and nice to use.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Thanks to all those satisified customers.... we are about do deliver Just IN Case number 401 (and more)!!!
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Quote:
On 2005-04-05 03:50, STEVIE D wrote:
Cheers billy but what sort of flight do you use, how do you go about re setting and hiding the line?

Mate, I really can't recall who the maker was of this thing.

It has a locking mechanism but I never use it.

My RH inside jacket pocket buttons in the middle. I start with the pocket buttoned but with the gimmick outside, from there I access the gimmick when I'm ready to do the routine.

At the end of the routine the key case goes back into my pocket and I button it up so that I'm ready to go again.

Cheers
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I got put onto this by Vinmagic and I must say I'm glad. "Ringer"
I don't knock any of the other becuase they are great but I do like this one. I guessi t just fits me best , so far.
fasteno
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
37 Posts

Profile of fasteno
I agree with Vibono I think Gaetan Bloom Ring Flight is one of the most pratical and “safe” method.
Did you see his presentation? Fantastic!
He used to vanish the ring like Bert Allerton Vanishing Bird Cage (several spectator hold his hand)
Cheers
"It takes a lot of work to make something simple"

Anonymous
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Quote:
On 2005-04-06 20:21, fasteno wrote:
I agree with Vibono I think Gaetan Bloom Ring Flight is one of the most pratical and “safe” method.
Did you see his presentation? Fantastic!
He used to vanish the ring like Bert Allerton Vanishing Bird Cage (several spectator hold his hand)
Cheers

I agree with you too !
Gaëtan's method is very clever, extremely "safe" as you said. The gimmick implied is well known but used here in a "different" manner. Very ingenious !

Ange.
Trickster
View Profile
New user
Southern California
51 Posts

Profile of Trickster
I've been using "My Ring Collection" for about two years now... It is killer... You'll just need to use a little misdirection as there is no reel...

Thanks for reading,

RDS
--
"I may not be a smart man, I'm just good at what I do"...

Deuces Wild Entertainment
www.TheTrickster.net

isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
244 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
I have used a ring flight I got from Stevens about 15 years ago. I use it at almost every strolling gig I do. The handling that I use is from Peter Samuelson (i think it is written up in his book Theatrical Magic) It is a logical routine, the gimmic is concealed by your coat and totally covered. I must admit that I never use an engagement type ring with a stone. I usually look for a wedding band or a ring on their right hand. I have never had a problem.
magicmanst
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
19 Posts

Profile of magicmanst
I love the effect, but would never perform Ring Flight.

All it takes is one evil person to claim that you damaged their ring, even if you didn't. I'd rather not have that type of liability in my act
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Profile of The Naked Magician
I think that El Duco's ring Flight is by far one of the best. may be abit pricey, buts it worth every penny. comes with a 1 year guarentee for all of you who think reels brake! Smile
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I have a public liability insurance of £10m, just incase
but I've been doing this routine for around 3 years and NEVER had one problem what so ever
you can see my el duco ring flight about half way into this........
http://youtube.com/user/mattwainwrightcom
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
538 Posts

Profile of Carducci
I always find the many discussions on ring flight interesting. Everyone has their favorite approach, version, handling and presentation which is great!

Since we're on the subject, I'll throw in my two cents.

While all ring flights have the same basic effect, I do not think they are all created equal. The real strength of the trick lies in the conditions of the vanish and production.

I like the reel versions because the vanish is complete and instantaneous. No fumbling, no awkward procedure; a real now-you-see-it-now-you-don't vanish. I can pause here (and let spectators check my hands/sleeves etc if they so desire) before calling attention to the fact that my empty hand is reaching into my buttoned jacket pocket, pulling out a zipped key case with their ring clipped inside.

There are so many versions on the market, all of which pack a magical punch, but something is lost when you take some of those conditions away.

Incidentally, the key case works for me and always has; I also carry a large balducci wallet in my other inside jacket pocket.
I also carry $5M liability insurance policy but have never had a problem in 10 years of performing this effect.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3261 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I always carry the Key Case in my left hip back pocket. I get the clip in my left hand when putting something away, and clip it to the ring. I let the reel go slowly, so it gently takes the ring under my coat and to the back pocket. I have the brake disconnected, as I never use it. My arm and coat hide the line.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ring flight (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL