The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wallet to Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'm looking for a tiny wallet that will fit into a hollowed out deck of cards.

Effect: Card selected and signed. Lost in deck.

Reach for wallet... "It's missing, but what's this... cut deck and a tiny wallet falls out...

Open wallet and folded signed card is inside.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Pete,

If worse comes to worse, howabout using one of these leather coin squeeze that looks like it has about 10 "pinwheel-type" flaps that rotates open when squeezed. Or, howabout one of those plastic oval shaped coin purses that open up like a carp's mouth when squeezed.

A good place to look might be a tobacconist-newsstand. they sell lots of little coin purses, wallets, etc.

Also, howabout going to a luggage shop and getting a leather luggage tag that has a clear acetate front side? Remove the leather strap and put in a slide and load that way.

Doesn't comply with your original request but it might prove a satisfactory alternative if you can't find what you are looking for.

Mike

P.S. Would one of the little Goshman coin purses work for you?

P.P.S. Also, you might want to consider one of those mini-Altoids tins that hold maybe 12 mints.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think its agreat idea. And I think it would just SLAY magicians!!!!!
Please let me know if you get further with this.
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2005-03-25 00:36, Pete Biro wrote:
I'm looking for a tiny wallet that will fit into a hollowed out deck of cards.

Effect: Card selected and signed. Lost in deck.

Reach for wallet... "It's missing, but what's this... cut deck and a tiny wallet falls out...

Open wallet and folded signed card is inside.

You might want to try a store that specializes in dolls and dollhouse accessories. I am not sure, but I think they have different "scale" sizes, much like model cars, so you should be able to find something there.

What about a leather memory card holder? I know they make them to hold several. But if you can find one that only holds one or two, that may work also.

One last one. A leather coin holder. Like the little plastic ones your gimmicks come it, but leather. Try a coin shop.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Pete,
Frank Starsinic has just posted some new product photos. These inclde some small purses that look similar to those that John Carney uses for his cigar production routine.

The photos can be found on the bottom far right of this page:
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/fotos/magic/?ref=cafe

With a bit of modifying, that frame looks as though it would fit in a deck.

Best,

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5675 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The precise LINK

How about Capsule to Card?

No!? Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Hey Pete,

I've been doing a variation of what you suggest for a little while now (don't worry, not exactly the same.) I place a small wallet on the table (picked it up at Walmart, in the kiddie's section.) and have a card selected and signed. Then I place the card into the envelope and staple it to the envelope.

I ask the spectators if they've ever heard of the trick where the magician makes a card appear in a wallet. Then I say, "what about the trick where the wallet appears in the card." I then show that their card is now stapled around the wallet. I undo the staples and the card is shown to have their signature on it.
Best,

Al
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Just so you know, I also have a version where the wallet disappears and appears in the envelope, the card around it.

Best,

Al
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I do a variation where the card appears in my wallet.

Chris
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22840 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
These miniture wallets were only sold at magic conventions. Dick Stoner obtained one last year. He used a computer and made miniture money, credit cards, and such. Great gag!

Pete, try Bob Little of Guaranteed Magic, he carries unusual magic props. I do not know were Dick Stoner got his, as he picked it up at a convention.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1219 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-03-25 14:04, taliesin wrote:
These inclde some small purses that look similar to those that John Carney uses for his cigar production routine.
Not at all, the ones John Carney does use are 'smaller' in width, much smaller, apart from this, those purses look nice..
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1510 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I can get a small tiny tri fold wallet that is 2 1/4 X 2 7/8. If you are interested in a picture of it email and I will send a photo of it. It will take me a week to get these made up and I have to purchase them in lots of 10. I sold these at one time as a diminishing wallet. If interested let me know. My email is magicbyswh@aol.com
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Maybe you could produce the wallet from the deck of cards like the way that Lennart Green produces objects from a deck of cards. It would work perfectly.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5765 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'm sure that a tiny wallet could be made out of colored papaer that's folded in the same manner as an origami wallet.
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
I suspect it wouldn't be cheap, but I bet Roy Roth could make you one hell of a tiny wallet. Might be worth getting in touch - his wallets are "da bomb".

All the best,

- Paulie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wallet to Card (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL