We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking rubberbands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
I once saw someone take two rubberbands link them together. I have figured out the performance but can't figure out how to make/where to buy the linked rubberbands.
thank you for you help.

Grand Illusions
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
Anthony
View Profile
New user
NYC
56 Posts

Profile of Anthony
Are you talking about Crazy Man's Handcuffs? I believe Ammar has a booklet out that deals with this effect. You can find it on http://elmagicshop.com/ Magicsmith's has the trick as well under that name.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-- Albert Einstein
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
Hi,

If I understand what you mean, then you can not buy these, you have to make them yourself!

Use Superglue it should work, Micheal Weber explained it on his video by Joe Stevens, I can not think of another source right now!??

Cheers

Stefan
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
If you want to link, then penetrate the rubber bands get Dan Harlan Rubber Band Magic vol.1 with Mark Fitzgerald's back together.
kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kakronen
For a change check out Ammar's version with headbands called the linking headbands
Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
There are many variations of the CMH, but the cleanest is the non-gimmicked version. It is a little angle dependant, but proper hand placement will fix that! Ammar's presentation is the best in my book, or should I say "his" book, LOL Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
Are you after Elastic bands that are actually linked together?
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Crazy Man's Handcuffs is not a link--it's a penetration of one band through another. At no time are the bands linked.

For an excellent linking rubber bands routine, see Bernard Sim's "Really Linked!" It is the bonus routine in my book, Magishing My Way. Bernard's routine is powerful convincing, and you end clean with the bands really, permanently linked--they can be given to an audience member as a souvenir.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Samelei
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
16 Posts

Profile of Samelei
I have seen this trick preformed by one, David Copperfield. It is a GREAT Trick. And would love to know where to purchase it.. Can someone let me in on where to purchase it? I Can only buy it using paypal tho... So if you know, where, PM me or please post here.. Will be glad to purchase the trick!
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey
497 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
Do a search for Elastrix vol. 2
It is a book of some of my material on rubberband magic. Included is the Jo-Dan link which is a very deceptive method for the SOH version. The booklet is very inexpensive also.
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
Samelei
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
16 Posts

Profile of Samelei
Its not that I cant afford it, It is just my security and means of actually receiving the book. I don't really want to wait 7 weeks for shipping. That's just way to long.

I want to impress and make people happy now.

lol..
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I live in Singapore, shipping from the US is usually about 7 to 10 days to reach me. With express, its only 3 days. Smile
Bernard Sim
Samelei
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
16 Posts

Profile of Samelei
Well, If you accept payment Via-Pay Pal, I'll be happy to send you the cash. I can wait the 7-10 days. Just not 2 months.
jarvis
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of jarvis
You need to make them. Use normal superglue etc but here's a tip. Use a scalpal or sharp knife to cut the band. Don't just snap it. I know it's not a great tip but it's all Ive got.
Drew from Spotlight
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
123 Posts

Profile of Drew from Spotlight
Quote:
Crazy Man's Handcuffs is not a link--it's a penetration of one band through another. At no time are the bands linked.

For an excellent linking rubber bands routine, see Bernard Sim's "Really Linked!" It is the bonus routine in my book, Magishing My Way. Bernard's routine is powerful convincing, and you end clean with the bands really, permanently linked--they can be given to an audience member as a souvenir.

I just received this book and the mentioned routine is an excellent way to link the bands.
Samelei
View Profile
New user
Calgary, AB
16 Posts

Profile of Samelei
When David Copperfield does this trick, he does it so smoothly, and you can't notice any funny trick to the trick at all.
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
Thank you for all your help. I think I found what I was looking for.
Thanky you,
Grand Illusions
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
Timotheous
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Timotheous
I remember the Copperfield demonstration vividly. Heck when it first aired I was floored!

This was not the first time I was introduced to magic tho. But it rekindled my thinking of magic.

I knew there was a trick to it... so I grabbed a couple bands and tried. and tried and tried... to duplicate the feat!

I went to bed thinking about that single effect..... How the crap!!!

In my sleep I figured it out...

I immediatly awoke and grabbed the two bands from under my pillow and succedded in replication of the effect.....

I was a happy kid.... Smile

No they are not linked....

Tim
Check out my first release!
"Timotheous Paradox"
http://www.cardmsg.com/magicfxshop/timotheous-paradox.htm
"Magic is real! We performers use tools to tap the magic that's within all of us" -Timotheous
Themaster
View Profile
New user
Denver CO
13 Posts

Profile of Themaster
I love crazy mans handcuffs! I like when the spectator holds one of the bands by themselves.

It is great. Dan Harlan has a nice version of the bands melting together into one.

Francisco
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Again, CMH is not a link, it is a penetration of one band through another.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking rubberbands (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL