The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » 2 Dickie Birds / Dove Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I have seen a few people use the effect where you have essentially an oversized book, you open it up to show a picture of two "dickie birds" sitting on a wall, close it, "Fly away Peter" - open it and one is gone, close it, open again and the other has gone, "come back Peter", open it to the second page and he's back, "Come back Paul", open it and he's still missing, and then you close it and a real dove is released from the backside of the book.

Is this still in production??
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I believe it was made by Supreme who is out of business.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
There is a similar effect, called Dove Fame. You can buy it here and see the video demo too.
http://siam-magic.com/product_detail.php?pid=86
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Yep I think that was a Supreme item. They did make some GREAT things. I still use farmyard frolics in my kids show and I got that thing close to 15 years ago. I'm sure with a little thought you could construct something that would work for you just as well. If you get a chance to see the David Womack video series DO IT. I was able to pick mine up at a magic auction and it's some of the BEST money I've ever spent on bird magic.
Enjoy
Joe Comet
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Ha! Has anyone seen Ian Adiar's (don't quote me on if this is HIS product originally but) "Birds I Have Known" from his video "Ian Adiars Art of Dove magic"? It works on the same principle.

Posted: Mar 27, 2005 9:47pm
---------------------------------------------
Sorry I got cut off! But it works basically on the same principal as the Dove Frame but instead it is a book sort of like Futureal is discribing but it is an adult version:P
retrostylemagic
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Supreme magic is still open. They are in Wales UK.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2005-05-25 06:21, wally wrote:
Supreme magic are still open. they are in wales uk

What a surprise to hear this! Edwin Hooper was the previous owner and he has passed. His partner is still alive Ian Adair, so is he started up the business again?

Supreme Magic has a very huge inventory and nothing was ever said what happened to this after their bankruptcy.

Please give or info on this Supreme Magic that is now in Wales UK.

Thanks!
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
I finally found the Terry Herbert dickie birds! It is available from practical magic in the UK.
http://www.practical-magic.com/

check under children's magic. I'ts listed as "Two Little Birds."

exclusive Two Little Birds If you’ve never seen this before, then watch Terry Herbert’s masterly handling of it on our ‘Magic for Under 5s’ DVD. He gets the children to chant the well-known nursery rhyme before the picture is even seen, after muddling up things so that the children have to correct him! Peter and Paul " the two little birds " keep appearing and disappearing from the picture frame. You never know where they’re going to appear next! Terry has them ‘flying’ around the room before landing back on the wall. The picture is finished in really bright colours inside the antique style frame. (Perspex not glass is used, of course.) Great entertainment for the little ones, and a beautifully made prop. A note from children’s entertainer Ted Lumby said, " Stunning quality - will be a pleasure to perform.” £47.50

(That's about $94 US money)
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
Supreme sold a similar effect called "Snow White." You opened the book and there was a picture of Snow White. You closed the book and she vanished. Not being able to make her come back, you open the book and remove a "snow white" dove. Bothe effects were from Supreme
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Ive still got a " Birds Ive Known" upstair ....somewhere .

I heard a guy in Wales is selling all the old stock.
He did put out a few flyers etc.
But Ive had nothing now for a long time.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Hi I live in the uk, and its the first I heard of Supreme back in business, if it is true they don't go to any conventions in this country also Ian Adair lives quite away from Wales, unless he has moved,
Dave Major
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » 2 Dickie Birds / Dove Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL