The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Penetration Frame (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Owen
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of James Owen
Is the Penetration Frame a beginner's magic trick? Any help or information received would be a big help. Thanks for your time and help. It is very much appreciated.

Best and Kind Regards

Take Care all of you Smile Smile
Callin
View Profile
Regular user
Portland, Oregon
123 Posts

Profile of Callin
The penetration frame is a great beginner's trick. It takes a little bit of misdirection to do well and it requires a good presentation to take it out of the puzzle realm of magic, but the method is easy to perform and everything is examinable at both the beginning and end of the trick.

Thanks,
Richard Green
Callin's House of Magic
The Pacific Northwest's Largest and Oldest Magic Shop. Established 1953.
Visit us at www.callinsmagic.com
Ask me about the New Jerry Andrus Movie
"A Thing of Wonder" is Available Now!
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
James, I don't know if I would call it a beginner's trick as I have been performing for 15+ years and still do it. I like to use what is good and I think it is a good way to hand out your card as I use 2 business cards to do it. Whether a trick is easy to do or hard may make it a beginner's trick but how you perform it makes you a good performer..

My two cents
jeff Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
The penetration trick is a beginner's trick in the hands of a beginner.
It's a pro's trick, in the hands of a pro.
For an example of the latter, check out the late Gene Poinc's web page at the Learned Pig.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2017 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Peter, those are incredible words of advice and can be applied to most any trick.

I am positive Copperfield could do the Vase and Ball effect and blow someone away - over any of my best effects.

Or Daryl could perform the Princess Card trick and get an incredible reaction over any effect I could do.

Never underestimate the POWER and the MAGIC of presentation!

Blessings,
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Spend the $4 and get the plastic version. Its basic principle is used in the frame as well as several more parlor effects and even large illusions you see on TV. You are buying the Effect. How you adapt it and present it, is what will set you aside from everyone else.

The fact that someone makes an inexpensive illusion and sells the secret this cheap amazes me. The other day a friend of mine was with me and we saw children's magic sets for $5 because the boxes were damaged. We had these dumped out on the floor of the garage and the drill and saw running in a matter of minutes. (BTW we threw the plastic pieces and the sets away and kept the booklets). Used some nice Birch and cherry wood. We both ended up with a couple new props from it.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Anthatron
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Anthatron
It may seem like a beginner's trick because you know the ease of what is happening in your hands. But with the right presentation it will appear like astounding magic to your audience.
treysdaddy
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of treysdaddy
I had the trick demonstrated for me when looking for something my 7 year old could do. I thought it was great and bought it. Now my son performs it and is convincing with it and the ball and vase. Most adults don't have a clue.
Bill
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Is that your quote, Peter? It's darned good.

Is this good for a beginner because:
easy to learn, easy to do, easy to carry, builds confidence

Yes to all. It was one of my first tricks bought on a trip to Flosso Hornmans old location. Look where it got me...A full time professional that can hardly pay his mortgage. Now I want one again!

Peter, How about a link to the Poinc (Learned Pig) website?
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Glod,
The Learned Pig URL is:

http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa/magos/index.html

However, you'll need a user name and password to get into much of it. But the Poinc site it at the right-hand side of the page and should be accessible.

BTW, Glod, the quote was mine (although by now about 50 people should have claimed it! <G>).

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Nothing is too simple to be great magic in the right hands. Give Slydini a Kleenex! And he owns the room.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Btw. There are silverplated and brass versions of the frame with real glass. They generaly go for $60-$140 depending on if they are new or used.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Penetration Frame (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL