The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Consumer Behavior of Magicians ... 10 Questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
1) When did you get started in magic and tell me about your first magical experience?

Exposure to Mark Wilson and whoever did the Cup and Ball trick on Captain Kangaroo. My Uncle Bob was the first "live" magician I saw and he bought me an Adams Magic Kit. That and 25 cents for a Vic Lawson catalog and I was hooked

Quote:
2) Currently, how are you involved in magic (professional, semi-professional, hobbyist) and what clubs/organizations are you a part of (Society of American Magicians, International Brotherhood of Magicians, etc.)?

Currently, hobbyist. I seem to be having serious trouble getting anything practiced or rehearsed.

Quote:
3) How do you select new tricks, videos, DVDs, or books for your next purchase?

Usually via trick reviews or ad in magazines.

Quote:
4) How do you find information on a trick before you make the purchase?

Ditto

Quote:
5) What was most recent trick you purchased? Can I see it? How did you feel about the purchase before you bought it and how did you feel after you opened the package? Let’s talk about why and how you picked this trick?

A mini chop cup shaped like a brass goblet with intricate ingraving on it. Haven't been able to do too much with it (see 2 above) and I'm a little concerned about losing the cork balls. But I will eventually.

Quote:
6) Who are your favorite creators of magic and why?

Don't really know people by name.

Quote:
7) If you could perform only three tricks for the rest of your life, what tricks would they be and why (please cite the source if the trick is located in a book or video)?

Sponge balls, Cut and Restored Rope and Coin Matrix

Quote:
8) Do you buy magic online, by phone, or at a shop? Why do you use that channel of retail and why not the others?

I prefer a shop, but there isn't one available here. I've never purchased by phone. I've used mail order, but feel I was rather badly burned in my last order. The mini chop cup I got on the internet based on a review in Magic Magazine.

Quote:
9) What qualities should the perfect magic store have?

Friendly atmosphere and knowledgable staff.

Quote:
10) What do you do with products that you no longer have a use for (resale, donate to club, storage)? If storage, how and where do you organize your collection?

Usually, by the time I'm done with them, there's not a lot left to donate.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-04-27 01:45, MagicSteve84 wrote:
Thanks Again Guys for all the help

I'm presenting my project to the class tommorow....wish me luck

Sorry I wasn't able to get you my responses early enough to be included in your paper. I hope it went well and look forward to hearing from you about it!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Well I just got my grade back. I want to thank all you guys on the Magic Café. I got 19 points out of 20 for my presenation on my project and I got 79 out of 80 for my 20 page paper on the data I collected. That means my final score was 98 outta 100. That also means that my grade in that class is a solid A and I am now exempt from taking the final exam. I am pumped.

More good news....my professor liked my project so much that he wants to send me and a few other students to Puerto Rico for a Consumer Behavior Conference next year to present our topics. All expenses paid for by my university. So I just wanted to thank you guys for the free four day vacation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Consumer Behavior of Magicians ... 10 Questions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL