The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New York City for a day???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Hey gang.....while in CT I'll be taking a day trip to NYC. Aside from the obvious things to see what is in your opinion the MUST SEE MAGIC DEALER?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Having never been to New York City I can't guide you anywhere but I think Tannen's is still there (?).
Two things I would do for sure before leaving the "Big Apple" I would get a Pizza, Hot Dog and an Egg Cream Smile .
Have a Great time and be careful Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I would check out Tannen's if I were you...

http://www.tannens.com/

What day are you going to be in the City? I live in Connecticut and I am going into the City tomorrow to see Aldo lecture at Tannen's.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
There was a good Irish pub there. I had some nice fish and chips with a pint. Mmmmm the taste of home.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
If it's open, go to Coney Island. See the sideshow!

Yours,

Paul
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Also check out Monday Night Magic at the Soho Playhouse every Monday night. Usually a very nice line-up of performers.

Jack Shalom
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Don't get confused by going to Café' Magic. I spent a good 45 mins walking there (right across from the Empire State Building) only to discover......a catering service. I was so dissapointed I wanted to cry....until I hopped into a cab and went to Abracadabra......but I wouldn't recommend you go there either. The person working there at the time knew....pretty much nothing. I ended up teaching him quite a few things.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I think Tannen's will do me.
Brian-
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Danny Diamond......I will be heading for my day trip to NYC April 10th. I'll be in CT from 9-13 April staying at the Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket. I'm sure the casion is fun but can you suggest any local goodies?
Brian-
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
Don't forget to stop at Carnegie Deli for the best Corn Beef on Rye. I do believe FAO SCHWARTZ does have a magic section. For a haunted dining experience, Jekyll and Hyde in Greenwich Village is cool. If you want a book store that never ends, the Strand at 828 Broadway(at 12th St.)is the one to go to. And finally the U.N. has some unique world gift shops in it's lobby.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
<<<There was a good Irish pub there. I had some nice fish and chips with a pint. Mmmmm the taste of home. >>>

Ha! you cant beat fish and chips. Although the fish is battered. When you asked for f&C I hope you didn't get fish and crisps.

Matt
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you are seriously into closeup magic, make it a Saturday and visit the two restaurants where the folks hang out.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 13:32, M. Perk wrote:
Don't forget to stop at Carnegie Deli for the best Corn Beef on Rye. I do believe FAO SCHWARTZ does have a magic section. For a haunted dining experience, Jekyll and Hyde in Greenwich Village is cool. If you want a book store that never ends, the Strand at 828 Broadway(at 12th St.)is the one to go to. And finally the U.N. has some unique world gift shops in it's lobby.

Sorry, but FAO Schwartz is GONE. Both in NY and out here in SF. I'm very sad about that too, because it was a fun place. Anyway, the Toys 'R' US has a magic section, but it's really not worth visiting. They only have three tricks.

And if you go to Carnegie Deli you'd better make sure you're very hungry, or have a buddy with you....or both because although it's blurry, here's what you're in for:
M. Perk
View Profile
Loyal user
Hilton Head Island
292 Posts

Profile of M. Perk
I ordered a Woody Allen last time I was there. The Sandwich was one foot tall.

I know they just built an Fao in Las Vegas and according to their website there still is one at 767 Fifth Avenue.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 13:32, M. Perk wrote:
Don't forget to stop at Carnegie Deli for the best Corn Beef on Rye.

Bring one home for me Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
There was an excellent smoked meat place in montreal also called schwartz's.
mmm...it was like a heart-attack on a plate!
Logic Defied
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New York City for a day???? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL