The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling openers: quick, visual, non-interactive? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1687 Posts

Profile of Ross W
All Screwed Up is a two-in-the-hand-one-int-the pocket effect. You start with three nuts (DIY nuts, rather than the kind you eat), which become two nuts and a bolt, finally both nuts are screwed onto the bolt. It's great. I have now tried it in the real world without a table, using the spec's hand and it's...OK, but not as good as it would be on a table:
1. The other spectators don't get to see it as well (cupped hand etc)
2. The natural height that a spctator holds his/her hand makes it slightly awkward to do the pick ups without flashing what you are concealing in your right hand.

I should add that I got away with it and they loved it, but I was a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, it's veering off topic as it uses a spec's hand and is therefore interactive.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8695 Posts

Profile of harris
Lately I have been bringing out my pink bicycle cards(Target) as a great conversation starter. Tomorrow I will be doing a circus themed event. I think I will talk about my cards getting dropped in the cotton candy machine.

Other things I use are:

1. Mini Wallet and taking a prop out of it
2. Purse frame and short coin routine

by the way, I shopped over here after spending a lot of time in the show me the money Café (coins)

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris Deutsch
Laughologist
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2334 Posts

Profile of todsky
If there's a candle on the table, say 'excuse me', reach into the wick with a piece of crumpled flash paper and throw the lit piece up in the air. "Defective candle', you mutter, and walk away as if you were the Maitre D of maintenance at the restaurant. If they are piqued, you may continue.
A less 'flashy' opener, if you use a small eureka base table and there is enough space in the aisles between tables (or sit at an empty table and do this) is Hyrum the Hanky (aka Glorpy the Ghost). You can just dust the table with the hanky, look amazed when it starts gerkulating, and if you happen to notice any nearby table taking special notice, they are your next victims. Or, if the client's table has space, approach it to wipe away some crumbs, go into the routine while saying someone must have spilled some carbonated beverage which is causing the hanky to bubble up.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling openers: quick, visual, non-interactive? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL