The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What is this trick called...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brainman
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of brainman
Please - can anyone tell me: what is this trick called? You have a (white) cup and put it on a string (through the handle) - than it is magically released (under a silk). Thanks,

T
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 11:17, brainman wrote:
Please - can anyone tell me: How is this trick called: You have a (white) cup and put it on a string (through the handle) - than it is magically released (under a silk).Thanks,
T
Hmmm, I don't know what it is called, but the inventor of it is a close friend of mine Bruno Hennig of Germany, the same guy that invented the *Floating and dancing cork* made famous by Fred Kaps, as well as the *Card in ringbox* also made famous by FK.
That trick with the silk having a hole/rivet for the passage of the string was soley produced by the magic dealer Alfred Kellerhof in Bonn, I don't know how they call the US-version, probably it is a rip-off, but they might have gotten the rights from Kellerhof..
PS.:
In german it is called : Der ostfriesische Teepott
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
This trick is called CUPPED and tou can get it from http://www.JBTV.CO.UK you can also watch it before you buy it
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I didn't see a trick called "cupped" on that site. I saw one called uncuppled that might be it.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Yes "Uncupplet" is exactly that effect invented by Bruno Hennig-Joro around the midt 1980's. Strange it is mentioned here as a trick out of "Howie Schwarzman's Limited Edition line." Howie Schwarzman, no doubt is a honest man, but something is wrong here... The originator of this thingy IS Bruno Hennig from Germany... I could give him a call to let him know this is happening, but OTOH, it is not of my business. BUT, I couldn't resist..too late to phone him, I did send an email to him asking if he is aware of his routine is sold in the States...

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-03-29 15:00, Werner G. Seitz wrote:

Strange it here is mentioned as a trick out of *Howie Schwarzman's Limited Edition line*.

Howie Schwarzman no doubt is a honest man, but something is wrong here..
BUT, I couldn't resist..too late to phone him, I did send an email to him asking if he is aware of his routine is sold in the States...

Werner, I wondered about that when I saw the site, I had read your post above and saw that you said Bruno Hennig had created it. Hopefully, he's not being ripped off. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the website that is linked above selling the trick is based in the UK not the US.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Got an email dated Thu, 31 Mar 2005 from Bruno Hennig-Joro letting me -and everybody else- know, that the States offered version of the "Cup off String" is a stolen, non-authorised version of his invention/routine. Only one dealer got permission to use market it, and that is Alfred Kellerhof from Bonn. So much for the 'bizz'-site and honesty in magic!

For those interested in the history of others of his inventions, you can see a capture of him performing the "Floating and Dancing Kork" which Bruno gave to Fred Kaps who made it famous all over the world at:

http://www.weser-ems-markt.de/joro

It's captured in 1971 and hasn't -of course- all the bits of bizz added later by Fred Kaps, the 'passing through the ring', the ringbox for the kork, aso, but the basic principle is clearly demonstrated by the originator..

Have a look and check it..a lot of ppl never even have seen it performed, not even by Fred Kaps..

magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
538 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Thanks for the link Werner, I have instructions for performing the floating Cork routine (a Fred Kaps book bought a few years ago, I never really liked it, but having seen it performed, I might just give it another go!

Sorry, I lied - it wasn't a Fred Kaps book - it was "Ken Brooks Magic Place" - he used to sell the routine.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Werner,
Thank you so much for posting that link. It's nice to have for those of us who care about history...
gandalf
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
310 Posts

Profile of gandalf
So, has anyone brought this trick? Maybe you could PM with your views on it? Is it value for money, or is there a DVD out there that teaches this etc?
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
I'm pretty sure we bought a version of this years ago called "Cord a Cup". It used what looked like a cup you would take camping. (blue tin etc...)
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

If I recall correctly, there where produced diff. versions in Germany and the cup at one time was as described, *a cup you would take camping. (blue tin etc...)*

A videoclip re how this looks is at the *pirates* site.
https://vault2.secured-url.com/jbtv/home.asp
Search under
uncuppled
and click at the camera shown, this will let the videdo pop up..

Then order it from the authorised site in Germany, send an email off to Alfred Kellerhof
info@zauberkellerhof.de
and ask for the *Der ostfriesische Teepott*

John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2785 Posts

Profile of John Long
Cand & Able: do you know where you got that version? I could not find a site that sells that named product

Does anyone know what the different versions are, and how to know what is being sold(in advanced) So far, I've found "Uncuppled" being sold at Trickery, and soon to be sold at Daytona. Is anyone familar with this?

Thanks
John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What is this trick called...? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL