The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Snap Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
If you sign up and register at http://www.falsecuts.com you can learn and share flourishes and card effects all you have to do is register.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
I have just learned the snap change and my biggest problem is the sound made from the slight. I do the slight with my right hand, I am trying to snap my fingers with my left hand to cover the noise but it is not working well. Other than practicing my left hand snap, any suggestions for covering the sound? Thanks,
Alan
Illogician
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Illogician
Do a loud fart.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Or snap the card.
Or bring a stooge which screams "BUTTER" in the spectators ear as soon as you do the change. They all find this very natural.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
Snap your fingers as you change maybe?
I'm no magician, but this is obvious
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Actually the name snap change is referring to the secret action you are doing, not what you are supposed to be doing with the other hand, so it's not THAT obvious, hehe.
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of Erik J
Driver, if you aren't a magician, what are you doing here then? ^o)
This signature is approved by Erik.
Alan M
View Profile
Elite user
California
433 Posts

Profile of Alan M
Hi Driver,
My post is only 3 and a half sentences long, so I'm not sure where I lost you. I am snapping my fingers, but since I don't have a very prominent snap I am (was) looking for helpful suggestions that others may use for the same purpose. I suppose you got distracted when you decided that the solution to my problem was obvious and the temptation to point that out clouded the actual content of my posting. I was just looking for suggestions other than snapping- you know, sense of community, comraderie, that sort of stuff. Based on the responses, I guess I either picked the wrong thread for my post or no one has anything helpful to offer, but I will try farting, obviously.
-Al
Illogician
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Illogician
Nobody frolics with the snap change. Period.
Driver
View Profile
New user
I have posted
88 Posts

Profile of Driver
Maybe I did not make myself very clear... learn to snap then.
After this post
"Do a loud fart."
I just had to post the most obvious answer to this problem...

I said I was no Magician.. and when you look at all of my previous posts you will see that I have only posted in the "flourish" section of this "Magic Café". I do not consider the snap change a flourish, so that is why I stated that I am not a magician in my previous post.

if you can't snap to save your life try one of theese (I have never tried theese and I have never ever done a snap change to audience)
- "Do a loud fart"
- "BOOM" and it changes
- "Look!"
- "swiiiiischhishchcjsisis" it's MAGIC!
- "that's the sound of magic"
- "wow did you hear the magic fairy change the card as it flew by?"
- "this is called a SNAP (change card) change"

I sincerely hope that this post was not as utterly useless as my previous.
sayer
View Profile
New user
Czech Republic
64 Posts

Profile of sayer
There is a free tutorial vid. of Snap change on the web.
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
There are also people like you p|ssing me off on the web.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
You should try marc desouza's shapeshifter. it is taught there and you get a lot more. you cand get it from ellusionist.com I think.
good luck! but if you read an explanation somewhere it will be easy to learn it.
I could manage by myself and it is worth it.
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Eyesee
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Eyesee
McBride holds the card horizontally with the deck in his other hand. After changing, he then snaps the card with the hand holding the deck, or one of the fingers of that hand.

On one of the old Marlo tapes, he holds the card vertically, hand at the bottom of the card. I don't remember if he has the deck in his other hand.

On the Jeff Sheridan DVD, he holds the card vertically, with his hand at the TOP of the card. He holds it low by his waist. At the same time that he snap changes, he flicks the card(s) with the index finger of his other hand. Apparently that is to cover the sound.

With McBride and Marlo, it doesn't look as if they are really concerned about covering the sound.

So you see its the kind of effect that can be done many different ways; just experiment with it.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I think holding the card vertically and with the hand on the bottom of the card is the easiest way to do it. that is how I do it and it works well for me.
I also flick the card with my right index so the snap sound appears to be coming from that action.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Snap Change (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL