The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » April Fools on Friday! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Got any April Fools tricks or jokes you'd like the share?

I got one I played on someone a few years ago and got them pretty good, I convinced someone that you can freeze items in a microwave! I explained that the microwaves spin in a clockwise orbit around the food inside and this spinning causes the food to heat up. If you sent the TEMP CONTROL on older models to 32 or 32 degrees, the microwaves spin in the opposite direction, thus "MicroFreezing" the food or drink inside. I warned him to only set it for 5 seconds since "MicroFreezing" occurs faster than "Microwaving" does.

Now before I began my demo, I had two clear plastic bottles of your favorite soft drink. One was frozen solid and other was a room temperature. In fact as I explained the Microfreezing bit, I had the person hold onto the warm bottle. When I went to demonstrate, I switched bottles and put the frozen one in the microwave. I pushed a few buttons, press start button, the microwave came on, 5 seconds, DING!!!

I pulled out a frozen bottle of the soft drink. The guy looked at the bottle and later he told me he tried to Microfreeze a bowl of ice cream and thought he had been had.

Happy April Fools,

Felixjr
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Felixjr,

Great idea! But to avoid the switch, one could use G-powder to accomplish the effect and make it more convincing. (They see you pour the water in a cup and put the same cup into the microwave.)

Unfortunately with this method, they wouldn't be able to handle the end product as with your method.

Guess there are pros and cons with both methods.

Lyndel
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Its time to get out 'the web'.

ollie
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
My dad took a can of tuna and swaped labels with a can of cat food. While sitting at his desk eating the tuna with crackers he told his friend how delicious it tasted and insisted on him haveing a bite. As soon as his friend put it in his mouth he showed him the can with the cat food label on it. The poor guy almost choked trying to spit it out. My dad is a funny man.

I will be getting off a Cruise ship on April fools day so that morning I am going to run around super glueing quarters to the top deck. That should keep a few suckers busy bending over all day.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
Anybody here remember AM Ink from Al Cohen? You take a pen (or anything you can hold in your hands) and "turn it on" so music plays. I hardly ever use mine any more, but I usually get it out for April Fools day. I go the store and buy a soft drink and when my wallet opens, music comes out. I once was in a department store and saw the jewelry dept. I picked up a watch, pressed the stem, and music began playing. I pushed the stem again to stop it and walked away. I stopped and looked back to see the salesclerk pushing the stem.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Donster,

Great site!

Lyndel
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
Donster, site is wrong,it's coming up with web market.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Juggler13,

The link worked fine for me!

Lyndel
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
Aprilfools.com Ok now that's a fun site. thanks
Joe Comet
juggler13
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of juggler13
Guess its my laptop and desktop computer that are messed up.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
It wont work for me either, but heres another one,
http://www.funnypracticaljokes.com/

I cant wait to hear some stories of practical jokes in a couple of days.

ollie
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Some folks just don't get it...

Lyndel
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Quote:
On 2005-03-30 16:52, juggler13 wrote:
Donster, site is wrong,it's coming up with web market.

Quote:
On 2005-03-31 08:48, juggler13 wrote:
Guess its my laptop and desktop computer that are messed up.

Quote:
On 2005-03-31 10:12, Ollie1235 wrote:
It wont work for me either,

Tehehe!
retrostylemagic
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
Was that the joke?
.....errr.....i was just...playing along.....

but heres a good one I did to my friend last year:

he knows that its not to uncommon for me to play the od practical jokes, so I told him that what I had done was swap the salt and the sugar around. this made my part real easy, and I actually managed to get him to pour the salt directly from the tub onto his cereal. and trust me, he has a lot of sugar usually.
I could have died from laughter, of course, I'm a pretty good liar (magician).

anyone alse got any good previous practical jokes?

ollie
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Ha!

last year I had 3 shows on april fools with only 2 classes of 84 mins (which is 168 in total). I went in the morning and I got my principal to call my agent and say that I just got injured in a violent dodgeball game and I was in the process of being transported to the hospital. I totally got him but the first thing he asked my principal was if my hands were ok... ouch!

Jeff
retrostylemagic
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
http://www.aprilfools.com used to work. any one else have other sites they'll like to share.

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/......main-ms/
Popo
View Profile
Loyal user
Valparaiso, IN
219 Posts

Profile of Popo
We know a man who has a small general store. We put up a box and entry forms that say "win a free trip to Cancun". This is done for a week prior to April 1st. We then mail out post cards to each entrant saying that they had not won the drawing but for participating they can have a free beverage at (a local restaurant) on April 1st between 6 and 8 pm. We then go to dinner at that restaurant and watch the fun. There were about 30 people who fell for it this year!
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Brent Smith (owner of The Vanishing Rabbit) in Calgary sent a mass email saying that he was closing down. I think he got a few people because he has sent 3 emails out saying that it was a joke:P
retrostylemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » April Fools on Friday! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL