The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
Does anybody have the David Copeprfield specials on tape. I love his work and enjoy watching them. I have his DVD Illusion but enjoy, in my spare time, watching his older material. I have grown up loving the master of the art! If anybody has any, that they would be willing to get me in touch with please e-mail me at MMPEntertainment@mac.com or PM me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks sooo much!
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Marquesas
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Marquesas
I've been looking for these two. Here is the previous discussion: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&17
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
204 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
If you are member of SAM, you can rent the videos for $10 each from the library. A wonderful resource.

The forum mention has someone sending them over a file sharing system on the internet. fine if you aren't stuck with dial-up.

I have since put all mine on DVD and traded away the tapes.

Matt
Marquesas
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Marquesas
But some people in Europe don't have that possibility Smile (but they broadband connection)
Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
I just got my DSL back up and ready to share. Is this illegal? I am hoping that since these were telivised that I can share them openly! Anyone know? It will only be a moment, I just have to find a server to host the bittorrent link. If anyone is willing, let me know! Thanks for your patience!
Marquesas
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Marquesas
It's prppably illegal but I think ethically its OK at least when the episodes are not available to be bought in any form. Here is what one guy wrote about sharing Survivor episodes and it fits well here also:

Quote:
Technically... these files are copyrighted material. None of this type of activity should be happening. But there are no Survivor reruns, you can't buy every episode of every season. What are we to do? There is no money changing hands here... nobody gets paid. Just sharing what's not available elsewhere. Nobody gets hurt. [That's my rationalization for breaking the law, something I'm not accustomed to doing.]

Somehow, I suspect that both CBS and Mark Burnett are aware of this activity and think it's OK. It keeps the excitement going... we're the critical mass that continually enlist new devotees! So, in my humble opinion, #survivor-central serves a very positive purpose:

WE WANT SURVIVOR TO SURVIVE FOR MANY SEASONS TO COME!
Given the unique nature of the Survivor game and TV program, this IS possible... so long as it achieves reasonable ratings. Even though I share files, I almost always watch the show live.. unless there's a conflict. That should keep CBS happy. I share files so others can maintain their interest in the series, keeping the momentum going, which (my theory) supports the show on a long-term basis.

Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
Thanks, that makes sense. After all, I am only sharing it with my "friend". What he does with it is his buisiness "wink wink"
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
You can always use Limewire...that way they are just coming off of your computer and you do not have to worry about a site hosting them and running into bandwidth problems...
Marquesas
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Marquesas
I've been searching all the P2P programs for the DC specials but they cannot be found anywhere. If anyone of you could share them we would be very happy!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
So where will we be able to download the specials from and when? Thank you so much for what you are doing. It is most kind.
Nick
R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
Yeah, you totally rock. Thanks so much!
magicgar
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magicgar
Iam also looking for DC specials.
Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
Won't be long now

I just pm'd Steve Brooks. I will put them up once Steve Brooks gives me permission to post the link to the Bittorrent tracker on his site. If he gives me permission, They will be up right then. Just a little while longer!

Update:

Ok everyone! I have some dissapointing news. I pm'd Steve Brooks, asking if it would be ethical to share these files. He responded saying that it was not ethical, and that he would prefer that I not share these files on his website. I understand where he is coming from, and I respect his decision. I am sure that there are also a lot more magicians out there with the same opinion! I also don't want to get pinned with a lawsuit from ABC, Chris Kenner, and CBS. I am sorry to get all of your hopes up! I am sure that some of the specials will be publicly released, as Copperfield has not been doing as many shows now than he used to. One can hope! I will post more info later about what happened. Again, my apologies! I hope that this does not ruin any reputation I had to begin with!
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Since providing unauthorized public access to and/or reproduction of anything shown on television is illegal, I'm sure Steve won't grant permission. Remember, every single David Copperfield special is copyrighted, and may not be reproduced in any way (except for educational purposes)
It doesn't matter that they're not on DVD, or not released to the general public yet, it's still illegal. Anything shown in television is copyrighted and protected by these laws. I'm not trying to spoil a good time, but it is actually illegal.
Cao314159
View Profile
New user
Seattle
87 Posts

Profile of Cao314159
Yeah, I was confused about broadcast copyright laws. I have learned my lesson!
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
That's a real shame for people in the UK, I've only ever seen 3 of his illusion-flying, buzz saw and the laser. Never seen a complete special. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to see him live one day.
Nick
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
204 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
People could try looking on Ebay... I didn't say it.. but there are a few complete collections on VCD.. look like they are coming out of Britain... if anyone wants to pay for them.

Matt
another guest
View Profile
Regular user
.Malaysia.
128 Posts

Profile of another guest
I have only 5 of his specials in CD. Its great to watch the specials.
House
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
You know ... you could always write to CBS and/or DC and ask for permission in writting. I would suggest already having a fan site already in place, and explain that you are a fan and would like to include video clips of DC at your site. Be sure to link to davidcopperfield.com, and make him look good at the site. Maybe even a link to where one could purchase his DVD.

The worse they will do is say no, but they just might say yes if you ask them. It's thirty-some cents to find out.

If you have their permission, it's legal and nobody is going to object.

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Or just write them and obtain a copy of the special...............
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Videos (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL