The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Traveling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
Hi
I am just doing a bit more research before I commit to birds, I'm just wondering how does everyone travel with them. I've seen a couple in cat carriers (I hope that's the word) Do they need any special traveling arrangements? I am only talking locally though and not international.
Nick
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5020 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Nick, this has been discussed before and I'm sure you will get many different answers. If you're talking about flying somewhere, it's best to check with the individual airlines. They all have different requirements.

If you are travelling by car, a pet carrier is fine. Just put some food and water in it with a perch. I have several small cages that are designed for travelling but basically they are just glorified pet carriers.
Where the magic begins
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
452 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
I've had several cages made for my birds. Traveling really sucks with them. I've been waiting for international papers for my cockatoo since December. Just got them today. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry for them for a gig... (sarcasim)

If you're just doing domestic, the airlines will be your worst enemy. I've been stuck in other countries simply because the airline happened to change their policy in the past 8 days...

In doing recent research, I've found that it's best to ship them ahead of time with Delta or Continental. Hope this helps.

Here's a link of cages that I currenty ship my animals in. http://www.DaveWomach.com/fiji.htm

Good luck!

Dave
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Nick,

You are in the UK. What works for us in the USA may not be correct for you. But please let us know what you learn.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
One word when it comes to traveling with animals; DON'T.
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Traveling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL