The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Under Water SJ Success (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
The thing is nowadays, that as time goes by the SJ is becoming an unknown restraint. Ok people of our era or who know about the whole EA/Houdini sence know an SJ, but the up and coming audience don't know what an SJ is.
My agent recently asked me to come up with three new shows, Adult, Family and Childrens and asked that I did not put an SJ act in the Family show and definately not in the childrens for this very reason.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hi Dan, yes I agree, we have had the same problem,,mainly with Councils (Especialy Wolverhampton) The way entertainment is going the demands for a family orientated performance takes prime position this applies to TV and outside show venues mainly (The private work gives the heavy act an airing)Useing restraints of any kind seems to upset some people with certain sensibilities and with the do gooder`s and political correct attitude which seems to be on the increase our job as ea`s is going to have to change direction.

After very long and detailed discussion with agents and other ea`s a solution was brought to the fore which now I have had a chance to try ,,,,it actualy gets around the problem. That is to add comedy to the stronger routines,,,this has the effect of a softner and produces what the bookers are looking for, nothing changes from the escape presentation, nothing is lost (Only the timing) And funny enough it adds in a funny kind of way to the bookability of the entertainer,,,apparently,,,comedy makes money.

The observations above are for family shows only.
The heavy style which I prefer, still tops the pops with the Teen Adult only groups.

Now re the UW SJ, No one has mentioned the SJ developed for this stunt,,,sure it`s gaffed,,,what the hell it`s safe the effect is the same so why not use it.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I decided to do the sj because I felt that it lent itself towards the purpose of the escape. Talking to various people that I know who have had cancer, they told me that they felt trapped and almost suffocated by the disease. But those that had gone into remission said they felt like a whole weight had been lifted and they were able to breath again. I wanted to recreate this feeling with the escape and the sj combined with water seemed to fit the bill. The sj being the tight, bound and heavy feeling and the water preventing breathing.
Just the way my mind was working. Although I would love to try the bridge jump Riley suggests. I'd also love to do some kind of UW safe. But this will be a long way off as I'd need to (1) learn which safe is best to get and (2) learn how to get out the thing on land first. I have other things that I want to do first. Like taking the UWSJ to it's limits.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Best of luck with your personal challenges,,,just don`t kill yourself trying OK.
Ken.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros Keep Trying/Promoting the Escapes for a Good Cause. I'll have to agree on the cancer thing it does make you not able to breath. the lady I know that died from Cancer. said she was not able to Breath right before she Died.
Bigelow
View Profile
New user
closer to the end than I would like to be
25 Posts

Profile of Bigelow
Not breathing has been said to kill you.

David
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Hey Ros
The invitation still stands to add a little more adventure to your UWSJ here in So. Fla. BUT please take note of this report as Juno is only 10 minutes North in the waters where I performed my stunt off Palm Beach.
http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/head......SecID=33

Bless you Smile
Cindi
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi Cindi,
I think I might just take you up on the offer. Although maybe after feeding time.
Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Don't worry Ros... We'll tie a rope to your waist and if I see any Dorsal Fins swimming about I'll pull you in......... I promise (wink)

El Cind
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hmmmmmm, I'm sure I was told never to trust a woman in a strait jacket.

Then again, it'll add to the adrenalin buzz won't it.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Next time I'll make it a SJ and chainmaile suit. Yet another horrific attack.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.......&nci
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Under Water SJ Success (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL