The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Scootsmobile (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Hey everyone. I am 15 years old and I own a motorized scooter. I was wondering how I could transport all my props and stuff on that instead of getting rides everywhere?

Thanks everyone
Jeff

Ps http://www.honda.ca/MotorcycleEng/Curren......ear=2004 that is the model
retrostylemagic
burgerinc
View Profile
Regular user
Sin City
196 Posts

Profile of burgerinc
Camera shop have a lot of backpack style cases that may fit your needs. Also look at your act maybe you don't need to carry that much.
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Thanks for the responce burgerinc
I reconfigured my show today and I can fit it all into 1 backpack, animals have a special bag that has breathing holes and a special place where they can't move or anything and they are confortable. I just need a table. any suggestions for low space?
retrostylemagic
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-04-01 17:46, burgerinc wrote:
Also look at your act maybe you don't need to carry that much.

That's a great point. For my kid's show, it used to take me three trips to and from my car to carry in all of my props and stuff. I actually now have pretty much the same show, and even a bit better, and everything fits into one of those roll around luggages with the extending handles... like the ones you always see airplane pilots pulling around.

Anyway, it's even one of the smaller sizes. In fact, go to walmart, and you'll see the very one I use. it's ten dollars and it's red and it's small.
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
That's a great idea!
I currently use (i don't have the scooter out because there is snow... still:() A big wooden box. I got it made for 100$ and it fits all my needs. It is like 20" wide and 4 feet tall. I have 3 levels. One for general, one for big boxes including a mirror box and a flip over vanish, and one more level with half for balloons and half for animals. the door swings open and it has a special compartment for pyrotechnics and t.t.s and stuff that if a child did get a glance inside of my box, they wouldn't be able to see them. I love the box but I cannot drive my self for another 6 monthes (aka the rest of summer and fall) so I have to improvise and use the scooter. Plus I think it would be a genious marketing scheme "The Magician on the scooter!" Ahh I can see it now... the wind bursting through my hair, my tails fluttering in the wind! lol. Yeah... that's what the cold will do to you.

Thanks for the responce Jeff! I will look at walmart today when I go through.

Anymore suggestions?
retrostylemagic
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-04-03 14:52, PyroJeffNic wrote:
That's a great idea!
I currently use (i don't have the scooter out because there is snow... still:() A big wooden box. I got it made for 100$ and it fits all my needs. It is like 20" wide and 4 feet tall. I have 3 levels. One for general, one for big boxes including a mirror box and a flip over vanish, and one more level with half for balloons and half for animals. the door swings open and it has a special compartment for pyrotechnics and t.t.s and stuff that if a child did get a glance inside of my box, they wouldn't be able to see them. I love the box but I cannot drive my self for another 6 monthes (aka the rest of summer and fall) so I have to improvise and use the scooter. Plus I think it would be a genious marketing scheme "The Magician on the scooter!" Ahh I can see it now... the wind bursting through my hair, my tails fluttering in the wind! lol. Yeah... that's what the cold will do to you.

Thanks for the responce Jeff! I will look at walmart today when I go through.

Anymore suggestions?

PyroJeffNic,

I normally use a table at the person's house, but if they don't have a table, I do bring my own 4 foot folding table (that would be hard to carry on a scooter). Also, during my show, after each trick is done, I chuck everything into a receptical behind my table. The recepticle I use is a collapsable toy "net." it opens up to be about 2 cubed feet, but when collapsed it's smaller than a coffee cup saucer.

One other thing, ironically, you spelled genius wrong. Smile
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How do you get away with pyro in Canada? I thought the laws were stricter up there than they are down here.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
What do you mean Bill?
retrostylemagic
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Pyrotechnics laws ARE indeed very strict here in Canada. I wanted to use one flash pot in my act - and due to all of the hassle to do it legally; decided against it.
Depending on what you are using... If it is only a small amount of flash paper - you don't need a license - for anything else; you do need a license (at least a pyro assistant's or theatrical license which is aquired by taking a course from the 'Canadian Government Explosives Regulatory Division'), a proper and Approved storage container or magazine, AND proper paperwork, AND an AHJ (authority having jurisdiction - ususally a fire commissioner), and most importantly - proper Insurance (which will run you a minimum of $5000/year).
Please be very careful using and transporting. If you get caught using pyro illegally - it could be trouble!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Scootsmobile (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL