The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I can walk on glass NOW What? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DrNorth
View Profile
Veteran user
North Starr Entertainment, Harrisburg PA
364 Posts

Profile of DrNorth
Ok, so I can walk glass, eat fire and stub a cigar on my tongue..how do make it interesting? How do I build suspense, drama and comic relief and sell this. Taking your advice and my gastric history I am NOT , repeat NOT going to try swords or lightbulbs..... So what are angles of showman ship I am missing besides the descriptive approach?
How do I take a stunt that I can do in 2 minutes and stretch it to 5-8 minutes. Just inspiration Not looking to have you write my act...I don't if enough people on the site do this to post it.... But...
Smile
"For it shows things that were, and things that are, and things that yet may be. But which it that he sees, even the wisest cannot always tell"
~Galadriel

"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
Maybe you can post your question at Grand Illusions. They have a couple of theatrical guys/ producers down there who may be able to give you advice. Smile
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I wrote a wicked routine for my partner to tell as he walks on glass. It is about a 5 minute routine. Want to buy it?

I have been doing the same, word for word, fire eating routine for over ten years. It runs about four minutes and is my most solid comedy routine. Laughs every 3-4 seconds. Well, if they aren't laughing they are screaming. Either way they are reacting and that is showmanship. It's not for sale but I have seen a fella hack it once. He's not in the biz anymore.

I take it you're more inclined to do shocking sideshow type stunts? Post this thread under,, oh,, what ever the topic for sideshow acts is called?

I recommend you check out some books on comedy writing. Find a local comedy club and try your hand at stand up. There is a plethora of books available for showmanship. To be honest, the only way to get it to work is by performing in front of an audience as much as possible. I broke my teeth at theme parks, school shows, libraries, festivals, fairs, grand opening of a hardware store. God, I've done it all before getting where I am. Now where do I go next? Producer? Director? Maybe one day.

Best of luck,
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
See the blockhead video at http://www.freakshow.co.uk

See Todd Robbins' video from Stevens Magic Emporium at $27.50 (or in Britain Alakazam Magic Co) http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=5691

See Todd's glass-walk page at http://www.toddrobbins.com/Press-Mum-SideshowsMagic.htm
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I can walk on glass NOW What? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL