The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Does anybody know when brand new computers bought at a store will already come equipped with Service Pack 2 (SP2) already installed onto the factory-installed XP Operating System? SP2 has been out now for almost a year -- aren't new computers now being manufactured with SP2 already integrated?
mistermudd
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
98 Posts

Profile of mistermudd
Well... when a new shipment of Windows software is distributed, they tend to include the latest service pack. So it is likely that this is true. This not only appeals to some customers, but it saves Microsoft bandwidth from their update site. Not to mention that Windows update already requires service pack 1 installed in order to update, but soon, if not already, you will require sp2. This helps Microsoft in their anti-piracy efforts as well as it saves them much time, money, and bandwidth.

so in answering your question... I don't doubt it.

-Matthew Wadsworth
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
mistermudd
View Profile
New user
Lancaster, CA
98 Posts

Profile of mistermudd
I forgot to mention... it may be a while before the current, non sp1/sp2 OEM versions of windows xp are weeded out and every new PC has it installed, but chances are the shelf versions of XP are going to be replaced much sooner.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I just bought an Alienware graphics computer system, and it came installed.
Dennis Michael
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Click the 'Start' button.
Click 'Run..'.
Type winver

When I do this a window pops up and shows:
Version 5.1
and also shows that SP2 has been installed.

Also when I click on IE's 'Help', 'About Internet Explorer' it shows 'Update Versions:; SP2'.

Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL