The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Live Zibit. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I live in the centre of a large forest (Savernake Nr Marlborough) With a canal running along the bottom of my garden,,,in an area like this being surrounded by trees there are certain times of the year when the trees are bare and it makes the undergrowth passable by foot.
On the odd ocassion that I force myself to leave the TV and get out for a walk I use the walking time as a thinking module where the plans for routines and following seasons gaffs are developed.
In our local mag (Circulation of 200 copies only) There was a letter with several replies from other village people about a siteing of an unknown creature,,by the accounts read,,,this thing was about the size of a large pig,,had very large curved fangs (Two only) Was of a fawn colouring and when startled showed a very aggressive attitude to humans.One report was from a Forester who on his way to work caught site of the thing in his car headlights,,like most animals caught in headlights the thing froze and failed to get out of the way of the cars tyres,,,even though the driver braked he hit it with quite a force,,,enough to do $2000 worth of damage to the front end. Even with this thing half dead and dragging its legs along in obvious pain, when the driver got out to inspect the damage he was attacked with such force that his leather boots (Both of them) Were torn from his feet and were eaten by this creature,also his belt made of leather was torn from his pants with the creature bounding off into the trees with the belt hanging from its jaws the forester is still in Hospital with severe injuries.

A D notice has been placed on information being published about these events by the DOE (The UK Department of the Environment).
A team of experts! From nearby Aldermaston Research Station have been combing the woodland, dressed like spacemen carrying dart guns and CS gas.
All entrances to the forest are manned by the local Police and strangers just not allowed in at all.

Talking with locals it seems that the creature is a "Munkjack" a cross between a Deer and a Boar,,these are known by the older residents who have seen it all before !!!!!
From the reports,I think that they are correct but what an exhibit if only I can get one.

I am home for three more days then off on the road again,,,two of us are going off tonight on foot, armed with only shotguns and flashlights with enough backpack rations for two days,,,so wish us luck,,,
I will post pics if we succeed,,,they will be $1 each OK.

Ken.
Zack
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Zack
Sounds fascinating. Love to see the pics.

Shouldn't this be in "Believe it or not," though?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
No,,,I will let you know why,,,next Monday.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Considering today's date, I'll be interested to hear what you have to say on Monday.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This is interesting. I did a search on Google for "Munkjack," and was referred to "Muntjac."

Obviously, it would be impossible for a deer to cross with a boar -- the species are too different. But the Muntjac deer is a tusked deer that looks like it might be part boar. They were imported from China to Woburn Park in 1900. They were also introduced to private estates about the same time. There are about 40,000 of them in the UK.

Now, here's the strange part. They are supposedly an endangered species. They appear to me to be a pest species, though. They aren't really native to the UK.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Okay, so there is such thing after all.

From what I read, these are an interesting little creature. They are the smallest of the deer family, have two small antlers that are of no benefit to it, and their canines develop into tusks. They are also known as the "barking deer" due to the dog like bark sounds they make.

But, one site says they are not protected or endangered in any way.

(Source: Living School Book.)
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The smallest is the kintjal, also known as the mousedeer, though I guess it's really an antelope. Kintjal is one of the major trickster figures in folktales of southern Asia.

The range for muntjacs is across southern Asia and the Indian subcontinent. They're pretty cool critters.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Hmm, could this be the one that sited only once a year????

On April 1?

;)

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Its funny about "endangered species," especially CITES and the Endangered Species Act. They have a horrible track record of actually saving ANYTHING. Part of it is because their "experts" couldn't find endangered fece$ much less an endangered species.

A few years back, I had a nice large stand of a plant that we know of as a weed all over Texas, called the "cows tongue prickly pear cactus" in my back yard. According to Dr. David Young, the head man at Kew Gardens, who drew up the endangered plant list, this plant was extinct. It's not only not extinct, I have seen huge fields of it as far west as the Ste. Genevieve vineyards in West Texas.

But because of this short-sighted yo yo in London, it is illegal to cut it down. When anyone is looking.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Interesting,,,,,yes this post was made on the 1st April as a joke,,,but with the findings resulting in a win or loose bet.

During discussion with other entertainers the matter of how gullible we as magicians really are,,,when in actual fact we should be the opposite due to what we know.

I can say from the number of PM`s and private inbox mails received up to now that I have lost the bet,,,,and based on this thread alone have to admit that we really are suckers ready for the slaying.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
You took a bet that magicians weren't saps too? Why don't you sell some packet tricks at $20 each to recover your losses...

Yours,

Paul
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Tut tut,,,whatever are you getting at !!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Live Zibit. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL