The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Kopenhagen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Me and a friend are planning to performe cirkle shows at Stroget in Kopenhagen this summer. Anyone out there knowing what permits we will need and what places are good?

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'll be there in June, but I'm going with a group of dancers who have booked a theater, so technically I already have "permission" to be there as I'll be promoting their show.

From what I've heard (thanks to Werner Seitz and others) that although permits might be required, nobody seems to know where to get them, how much they are, or who to ask. As long as you're not a nuisance, nobody seems to bother you. The advice I got was just come and "do it." I guess I'll find out for myself how accurate this online advice is very soon.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I may be the only busker that knows exactly where to get them. But my advice to anyone planning a visit to Copenhagen would be to ignore it, and simply go to work.

The only official "trouble" I got into there was when a shop owner decide they also owned the entire plaza in front of their shop, and called the police on me. That permit did come in handy then, but the shop owner kept calling and harrassing the police, who finally asked me to find another spot.

Funny, the other dozen or so shops there gave me no trouble at all. A few free beers, but no trouble.

The main pitch is the street Stroget: the main shopping thoroughfare of Copenhagen. It begins at the Rathaus, near the Tivoli Gardens. It is very long, quite wide in some places, and connects with 3 or 4 nice main squares. There are so many potential pitches on this one street that you may never have to share with another busker unless you actually want to.

Chance
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Thank you! It's nice to hear an answer from a qualified worker.

That should make Gazzo happy. Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
What's a gazzo? I don't remember seeing any while I was in Copenhagen. Is it a weird local sandwich or something?

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, the Rathaus is what we would call City Hall. It is one of Copenhagen's main landmarks, and a pitch unto itself.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
VanVranken: Perhaps we'll see eachother in Copenhagen then!

Chance: A great reply as always! Thank you very much. And those shop-suckers who wants you off "their" terratory - you never get rid of them, do you?

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking in Kopenhagen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL