The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Worst possible out come (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
I was looking and noticed that not a lot of really detailed posts were going up in here so... I was wondering what the some of the worst mess up that you have done in your act.

In my first talent competition, when I went to do dove to silk, I was so nervous that when I went to hit the pocket, I totally missed it. So you have a nervious kid standing there with a silk, a dove on the floor and a red face. Fortunately I was ground level and only the first 3 rows noticed which is good because there were like 15 rows.

That was one of my mess ups how about you guys?
retrostylemagic
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5016 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My most recent "mess up" was last Friday (Good Friday!) night in the stage show at a resort in the Ozarks. I was the last act of the night. So perfection was important. I vanished a load of silks with a "What's New".

The problem came when I started to produce my last dove of the night from it. My line to the harness hung on a shirt button, pulled out of my hand and the harness dropped down nearly to my knees. I have done this long enough to know to drop the foulard as the dove falls to keep him hidden. That meant giving a clean shot at me from the waist up. Fortunately I rehooked my loop in the process. So as I came back up the dove did too. So to the audience, I simply dropped the foulard to my waist and then produced the dove as the foulard moved back up to chin level.

It turned out to be a save but it surely did cause a Maalox moment! The audience clapped in all the right places. They can be so forgiving!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
PyoJeffNic:
Some of the greatest dove workers have done the same thing.
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
Lol thanks Christopher. It was a few years ago now but still, I look back on it and laugh
retrostylemagic
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
A person at a recent competition I saw, when picking something up, his load fell out. He dealt with it admirably but due to the importance of the competition I believe he was quite cut up about it.
Nick
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
I heard the same thing, I think we might be thinking of the same person.
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
One performance I laid my dove on a perch while getting ready to make her vansih, when she decides to fly off the box, onto the backdrop, flap for a while, then fall behind the stage. (It was a portable stage w/ no back). Not a mess up, still embarassing though.

:spoon:
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
I'm sure most of us can relate Mr. Bond.
retrostylemagic
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
When I did dove to silk as a teenager the pocket didn't seal and the dove turned around in the mat before I snapped it. Up went dove and white silk in unison. Dove landed on lighting above curtains and silk floated down solo. The dove made his appearance later by flying down and trying to land on the grand piano. Slick surface and dove feet don't work well together. He finished his flight on the floor behind the piano where he stayed till I finished my act and retrieved him. The worst of it was the people who came up after saying they were members of the spca and demanded to see the dove. I told them he was just fine and went on about my packing away.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Worst possible out come (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL