The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Ex-Magician who misses the "Good Ol' Days" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
245 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
My name is Jay Jennings and I live about 90 miles from Seattle, WA.

I dropped out of school after the 8th grade to perform and did that until I was in my early 20s. Back in those days I thought "show" was the most important part of Show Business -- looking back I can't help but wonder, "What could I have done if I knew then about business what I know now?"

*sigh*

So now I'm just a dabbler and hope that one of my kids shows an interest so that I can live vicariously through their performing. They're both into juggling and unicycling, so I know they're moving in the right direction. =:)

I'm putting together a beginner's book on magic and would like to include some interviews with full-time magicians. Just looking for 5-10 minutes on the phone where I can ask you things like, "What are the top 2-3 things you wish you had known before doing your first show?" Or, "Tell me about one of your first experiences with flubbing a trick and how you handled it." That kind of stuff.

If you're interested in being a "subject" please drop me a line. You don't have to be "famous" -- just a real performer.

Thanks!

Jay Jennings
jay@alakazam.com
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
327 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Jay, welcome to the forum.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
majical
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majical
Welcome!

I always thought it would be great fun to have a kid interested in magic... well its gonna be a long time before that happens!

Teenage magician,
Micah
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Loyal user
Scottsdale, AZ
245 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Yeah, I'd love it if one or both of my kids wanted to do magic -- I got into it when I was in the 5th grade, which is where my son is now. We saw a magic show last weekend and then one of the guys from that show street performing -- right after that we hit a magic shop and my son wanted a set of linking rings instead of a whoopee cushion. Yeehaw, I think that's a good sign. =:)

Jay Jennings
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
Glad to see you passing down your knowledge to your son. Is there a possibility of both of you performing in a show in the future? I too started in the 7th grade.
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
493 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Hey, Jay!

Good to see you here! I'd be a willing subject for your questions. Give me a call 206.335.1545

Nice seeing you at the market the otherday.

My oldest son just turned 15 last week. The magic bug has finally bitten him. He's been street performing on and off since he was 9 years old. But never really had a passion for it. Now he takes cards and coins to school every day. Shades of my own mis spent youth.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
2117 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hey Jay Jennings
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Ex-Magician who misses the "Good Ol' Days" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL