The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
I ordered a Classic Silk Fountain about a month ago and recieved it 3 weeks ago and it's great and worth the money. The problem is the final load gimmick keeps coming out attached to my final load and it looks bad. I'm also having another problem. I produce my fountain in the middle of my act from my back pocket. First I do some manipulation with a rose and stick it in my chest pocket on my jacket and while I'm doing this I'm also grabbing my fountain but the problem is that my silk fountain is black on the outside when folded and I have a white silk in my hand when I grab it and you can really see it. If anybody could help me that would be great.
Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
First, what do you mean, "My final load gimmick keeps coming out attached to my final load".

The outer cover that is black, just change to a white cloth or cover with a white silk. Directly after the steal, begin the fountain. Do not stand there with the white silk in you hand. Try a table steal instead of a body steal.

Finally, there are so many versions of this effect on the market. It would help if you mentioned which one you purchased. A site reference would help also.
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-04-01 18:42, wmhegbli wrote:
First, what do you mean, "My final load gimmick keeps coming out attached to my final load".

The outer cover that is black, just change to a white cloth or cover with a white silk. Directly after the steal, begin the fountain. Do not stand there with the white silk in you hand. Try a table steal instead of a body steal.

Finally, there are so many versions of this effect on the market. It would help if you mentioned which one you purchased. A site reference would help also.

I ordered a Fountain of Silks by Duane Laflin from hocus-pocus.com

What I mean by, "My final load gimmick keeps coming out attached to my final load" is, at the end of my silk fountain I have Neilson vanishing coke bottle in the little s**k gimmick so that at the end I produce the bottle, but when I take the bottle out of the fountain the little s**k gimmicked is still attached to the bottom of the bottle.

I cant really change the black silk to a white silk because they're all sewn together and if I place another white silk ofer it I cant grab the ring and stick it onto my finger.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
What would probably be easier is to change the color of the silk in your hand to black. In terms of the the loag g*****k you need to be more specific about this and the final load. However, it would be better to discuss this through PM or secret sessions forum.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
PM with more details and I will try to figure out what is going on. I have never liked the separate final load bag.

Wm is correct. Unless you have an extremely small fountain, don't try to do a body load.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
[/quote]
I can't really change the black silk to a white silk because they're all sewn together and if I place another white silk ofer it I can't grab the ring and stick it onto my finger.
[/quote]

The outer white hank should not be light weight silk, it should be heavy fabric. Why don't you poke a hole in a white hank, such as a mens hanky and 'tack' with a few stitches to the outer black hank. That way you can grab what you have to easily.
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Wmhegbli, thanks, I tried putting a white silk over it like you suggested last night and it works perfectly. Hugmagic, I've tried doing a table steal but for my act it doesn't work. The body load works but I just have trouble grabbing the little ring and when I do I bring it out behind a white silk and it is very visible. Thanks everybody for the input. I put a white silk over it like wmhegbli suggested.
Thanks.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Well, I hate to tell you this but I would make a new fountain. I use a large loop so it is easy to grab. The silks are sewn together with one basting stitch not run through a sewing machine as that is not need. I am not knocking Laflin's product. Duane is a a close friend. But everyone's product has it's limitiations. I might add Duane very seldom steals from his body.

You might be able to attached a loop of rubber tubing to the ring to give you a bigger loop to grab.

Remember to make the steal and pause to make more of an impact before producing the fountain.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

I don't think I want to make a new because my local magic shop charges a lot for 18 inch silks and it would probably cost a bit less than double the price of the one I bought. Sorry, I took what Wm said and it works fine.

Thanks anyway
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Putting a product called FRAY-CHECK on the cut will prevent any un-raviling. This is available from fabric stores. Another alternative would be to put a button hole in the outer white hank.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill sounds like a magician speaking from experience. FRAY-CHECK belongs in your Oops! bag. Life will see to it that you need it!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
[/quote]
I can't grab the ring and stick it onto my finger.

The ring in which you refer, is probably for hooking onto something prior to the deed.

Kregg
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL