The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin Purse? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6973 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This may sound stupid but I'm having trouble finding a coin purse... Just an old fashioned coin purse with a clasp. A bit out of date I suppose. Anyone know where I can find one?
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Contact Michael Rubinstein...he's a member on the Café.

Mike
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I carry the normal flat coin purses
and also purses that can stand open.

both are small.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Most guys have trouble finding coin purses.
Not many guys carry coin purses either.

Ask your girlfriend or grandmother.

And get ready for snaps.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Just do a search on the various sites like magicwarehouse, hocus-pocus, hank/denny lee and steven's magic and you will easily find them.

Typically they run about $10 for leather and $5 for vinyl unless you want something more fancy.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6973 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks for the responses.
NUMBERED - A killer predicted card at any number out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/numbered.html
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Try googling for "change purse" -- here are a couple of interesting sites:
http://www.vintagedesignerclothing.com/wallets.html
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Contact "The Godfather of Magic" Hank Moorehouse. I have several of the coin purses that he sells. They are a little pricey, but I have found them to be worth it.

Matthew
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
A nice coin purse offered by Todd Lassen is the Onosaka coin purse and he offers it for $10 its a nice sleek purse.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22413 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Leather or plastic?

Goshman products use to sell a small coin purse for his card in coin purse trick.

The loss of the 5 and dime store has left those simple products hard to find.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2005-04-24 21:22, wmhegbli wrote:
Leather or plastic?

Goshman products use to sell a small coin purse for his card in coin purse trick.

The loss of the 5 and dime store has left those simple products hard to find.

Coin purses of the type Goshman sold are still or at least they were a year or so ago. Check with Denny & Lee I think he mayhave some.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
Lassen has some neat leather ones on his site. I have one that I keep one of mys ets in.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
My girlfriend gave me a nice blue corrdaroy one, but it was stolen along with a bunch of my gear. I'm looking for one too.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
What about these funny magicians purses, one can open like a harmonica and contains at least 10 separate pockets easily available from the top?

In any case, a such wallet is to 'carry' the coins/gimmicked ones, so it is not used to be shown and displayed during a performance normally, I would reasoning...

IF one does use purses to be displayed when performing to remove coins, one in any case should have half a dozen or more similar ones, each loaded with the coin(set) one wants to use..

That is what I currently do, and have used for many years, though I use different purses all the way through, each containing a 'set', even 4 Silver$s for the CTTT are in a such purse.

To add a bit of magic to that thingy, I actually here use the *zipper*-purse, which is a great gagitem to open a coinprogram..that purse is a dealers item, but I made my own out of BLACK zippers..

The idea is, it is a 'purse' , but after the coins are removed, the purse is 'unzipped' and shown to consist just of a long, open zipper.

When opening it, you stretch it open between your hands/outstreched arms right in front of your own face..so they'll remember *you*.. Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
What are everyone's thoughts on the proud magician's tradition of a middle aged man carrying what is essentially today a woman's purse? I'm talking about the snap lock top frame ones. I know they are classic, Victorian maybe and that there are several excellent gimmicked varieties in high quality leather or fabric...

But outside of magic circles they are only used by women nowadays, aren't they? I know there are some more masculine ones with really butch broad frames but I'm talking about the small delicate ones that all grandmothers and magicians seem to have.

I like them but I feel that if I use one, and I even know there is a really nice antique one not in use somewhere at my parent's house, I may get ridiculed. Unless I have a funny line of patter for it.

For a male coin purse I'm picturing something more like this (attached photo).

Having said that, places like etsy.com have hundreds of cute hand crafted coin purses, often with adorable little animals and whatnot on them. Which is nice if one wants to go all the way. Here are some cute examples: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10857460
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11016975
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10987800
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10976560
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10991922
etc...

Those Etsy gals (mostly) can also sometimes make custom items if one knows what to ask for.

Click here to view attached image.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Good ole' Werner! RIP my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those purses at etsy have a great shape. They're just pretty darn big. If they were smaller and leather they would be great!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Yeah you're right. They are probably too big. I didn't check the specifications. Smallest ones are 3.5" wide. Oh well... No purse with happy smiling giraffes for me then.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Men who are uncertain about their masculinity should neither carry snap shut coin purses nor wear kilts.

When you have the equipment to wear a kilt, then your masculinity is solidly established.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-04-15 19:04, Bill Palmer wrote:
Men who are uncertain about their masculinity should neither carry snap shut coin purses nor wear kilts.

When you have the equipment to wear a kilt, then your masculinity is solidly established.

Haha perfect comment! Smile
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I have a couple of these and they are really nice...

Plus the magic warehouse ships quickly...

http://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/findit.pl?x_item=LO3015

Best
Shawn
Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Coin Purse? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL